Indianapolis Ordnance 1928 Blank Firing Kit

I'm looking for anyone that has put one of these kits into service. I'd like to know if there were any fitment issues or if the receiver components needed work for reliable operation. Any info on how they work out would be helpful. Thanks.

JA

I put an M1a1 together and it needed nothing done. My lower slid right on tight and worked right out of the box. The m1a1has a set screw on the left side to control the rate of fire. Its pretty cool to be able to tune it. Mine runs 100 percent but cant speak for the 28 version

I'm still keeping an eye out for one of these 1928 Blank Firing kits. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on whether Indianapolis or Philadelphia Ordinance is still producing them.

Edit: Just noticed Indianapolis has the 1928s back in stock.

Edited by Renz

Got the Indy 1928 today. At first i was going to send it to the shop for tuning, bluing and sight installation. Then I decided im going to get a file and just put it together myself. I'm printing the Lyman, front sight and compensator. The original Lyman part is making some board members sad. The Khar product as well. If the War Department can cut costs, so can I!

Got the Indy 1928 today. At first i was going to send it to the shop for tuning, bluing and sight installation. Then I decided im going to get a file and just put it together myself. I'm printing the Lyman, front sight and compensator. The original Lyman part is making some board members sad. The Khar product as well. If the War Department can cut costs, so can I!

Steelflood,

If you would, please post several clear photos of what you received that show how it was made, the location of the restrictions in the barrel, markings on upper, and the paperwork that you received with the kit (IE: Instructions, and BATF Letter).

I, and others, would really like to see how these are made.

At one time, I believe that these were made to "vent" out of the side of the barrel......hopefully they have updated this to the restriction inside the muzzle (?).

Regards, RichardS

US Army, RET

I'll post some pictures but it is blued quite dark so it will be difficult to show, but I'll try. There is a bag full of maybe 1/4'' plugs that you experiment with. Then there is a seperate set screw that is used to further tune. I read the instructions but haven't assembled it yet.

Basically the end user is expected to tune the amount of pressure exerted on the bolt vs. being vented. The user must note if the bolt slams against the back of the receiver. Indy Ord says slamming it back with too much force has the consequence of premature wear.

The US patent granted to Indy gives a technical description of the venting and tamper resistant features. Features such as a carbide rod embedded in the receiver that would make machining difficult. Also the chamber is off axis and does not line up with the barrel, providing another feature making the unit difficult to make it fire projectiles.

I'm going by memory so I'll just stop here. I'll post everything soon.

The M1A1 I have vents out the front like normal. There is a set screw in the left side to control and adjust rate of fire. The gun field strips like a regular full auto gun.

I don't seem to have the set screw in the left side on my 1928

I made a new post with pictures of the product, instructions and ATF letter.

I made a new post with pictures of the product, instructions and ATF letter.

Steelflood,

If you would, please post several clear photos of what you received that show how it was made, the location of the restrictions in the barrel, markings on upper, and the paperwork that you received with the kit (IE: Instructions, and BATF Letter).

I, and others, would really like to see how these are made.

At one time, I believe that these were made to "vent" out of the side of the barrel......hopefully they have updated this to the restriction inside the muzzle (?).

Regards, RichardS

US Army, RET