Thompson Bolt Problem

Hi everyone, today during cleaning the bolt of my 1928a1 it suddenly felt on the ground... i havent seen where it came in contact with the floor, but i noticed the bolt head is dented, (isnt this supposed to be very hard part?!?!) i dont know if this happened now or it just happened in normal working order slamming the bolt forward. My camera is dead, i hope the image below will give you a good idea of what i mean. will i need to swap it ??? even if little flattened on top the bolt rim is still intact.

post-260702-0-74365300-1498578418_thumb.png

If it bothers you, replace it. A universal sensibility of all MG owners is a nagging annoyance, minor or majorr, about an "issue" with their guns. There is always a point where the gun feels just right which is what very owner strives for. Some owners can tolerate a lot of issues with their guns, and other stuff obsess over every little scratch or ding. Dealing with all sorts of MG owners of all sorts of types of MGs, my constant refrain is that if something bothers you fix or change it. We all know in our little heart of hearts what bothers us about any particular gun.

So, replacing the bolt will eliminate that unsightly dent on the lip which you will always know about and always see when you strip the gun. Replacing the bolt does not matter with this type of Thompson and a new bolt will make you feel good.

Edited by Black River Militaria CII