Ya Thought My Parts Kit Was Bad.....

Two Thompson 1928A22 WH, purchased new 1981,conseculatively numbered, 22lr,boxes, papers etc. One is NIB, the second has less than 300rnds fired, one clip each, C&R eligible. Collector grade. on form 3 in WI, $36,000.00 for pair includes shipping and insurance. Henry Rahr H&C Arms, Pictures available

AND YA THOUGHT MY PARTS KIT WAS BAD.......ON STURM.

You are certainly right there Hawkeye- I saw that ad a couple of days ago and it was sooooo darn hard to resist emailing that guy... I mean we have ll seen the "other" 22 for sale so long for what less than 9K??? and still isn't sold!!!!!!!

I just wish I could find a Colt 21A with matching drum(s)- Thought I had a slim shot recently but doesn't look like its going to materialize.

Pity these 22's didn't run well, did they ever have a drum to go with them??

Mark

QUOTE (OldFalGuy @ Feb 22 2005, 09:02 PM)
You are certainly right there Hawkeye- I saw that ad a couple of days ago and it was sooooo darn hard to resist emailing that guy... I mean we have ll seen the "other" 22 for sale so long for what less than 9K??? and still isn't sold!!!!!!!

I just wish I could find a Colt 21A with matching drum(s)- Thought I had a slim shot recently but doesn't look like its going to materialize.

Pity these 22's didn't run well, did they ever have a drum to go with them??

Mark

Where?

Mark, yes they made a 80 round drum for the 22. When I bought my WH 1928, the guy had a 22 also. He wanted 9k for it back in the 90's! I passed, but it did have 2 NIB drums and 4 30 round mags. He just sold it last year I heard. For less then the 9k. He never advertised it, just took it around to gun shows.

I missed out on your parts kit but I can say that the MILLS drum pouch that I bought was reasonably priced and, after cleaning up a bit, is really nice. Thank you.

Before I owned this pouch I didn't realized that there is quite a difference between the true commercial drum pouch and the military drum pouches. There is even quite a noticable difference between the early 1920s era commercial drum pouches and the later 1930s era commercial drum pouches. I see now why Mr. Hill mentioned in a previous TCN newsletter that the military pouches were of a lesser quality. But until I held a real 1920s era commercial drum pouch in my hands, I didn't realize the shape and size were also different.