Rusco Canvas (us Marked)

Anyone seen or heard of a Rusco and US marked L drum pouch?

I have been told by one individual that this is pretty rare.

I have no idea as really have concentrated on Colt era material.

Is there any mention of this in Frank's book is it "American Thunder"?

thanks

michael

Mike,

I have seen pictures of RM Co. (Russell Manufacturing Co.) WWII era drum pouches dated 1942. They didn't have the US on the outside flap. Can't say as I remember seeing one withthe US markings. They may exist though, it seems that a lot of WWII stuff was marked differently depending on the contract and year of manufacture.

I have a RM Co. drum pouch dated 1942. It is also marked US on the front flap. I am not sure what I paid for it but got it on Ebay.

I've seen two. The first is marked RUSCO (with no date) and has the US on cover flap. The second is marked RUSCO (and has the date 1942) and has the US on the cover flap. Then of course there is the much more common R.M.Co. with date (usually 1942). All are made by the same company with just marking variations. I believe the RUSCO/US marked pouches were made after the commercial/military unmarked drum and stick mag pouches (that were made by RUSCO). The unmarked commercial/military pouches are a tan to greenish color and are not the straw color of earlier commercial pouches. The unmarked pouches were probably made in the 1930s to satisfy the commercial and military markets. Next came the military US marked pouches of a slightly different shade but undated and then the dated pouches. The Russell Manufacturing Company used the R.M.Co. marking through 1944. This is evidenced by the common USMC marked stick mag pouches marked as such and dated 1944.