kahr 27a1

so the 27 is broken......agian

1.broken extractor ~150rds

2.broken bolt ~ 450rds.

so i had just received my bolt back from kahr, and ran something like 100-150 rds through it. it ran great.

*skip to this morning*

was out with a couple friends and it ran like crap then broke an extractor(it had a couple hundred rds on it) replaced with a spare, it broke after 5rds.

so i think i may more problems than just bad extractors and over hardened bolts.

i'm calling kahr tomorrow.

Brian--

That's too bad. Seems like Kahr's stuff still comes back to haunt some of us every now and then. Mine started acting up also, with rounds jamming. I'll probably send mine to PK. Good luck with yours.

Go for Diamond K. Read the words and follow the signs. You will not be dissappointed.

Maybe PK should send a price quote to Kahr to make their guns work reliably.

Maybe Kahr would hire PK for say $125,000 per year for their custom shop.

What do you think PK up for a move? Or adding 10 more sets of machines to your operation. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the confidence, but I don’t think I want to share a state with Teddy and crew. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I read every posting on the “demographics” topic from the old board as they went up. I’ve never been comfortable talking about myself, but was feeling compelled when Nick decided to hand us all a curve (that is a fair pitch, by the way). Perhaps now would be the time to officially say “hi”.

I am in my early fifties, married for more than a quarter century to the same woman and have 4 offspring, all off to the world (except one who continues to touch home base pretty often). No grandchildren yet.

I graduated top of my class from the Lassen College Gunsmithing program in 1976. Since then I have 27 years experience gunsmithing, which includes warranty for all the majors (and a few minors as well), repairs & maintenance of LE firearms for various principalities, a stint as asst. Shop Foreman at Weatherby, a founder at Randall, and along the way worked on high velocity guns for NASA. I have set up several machine shops and done a lot of R&D, design, and semi production machining for the aero-space industry in CA. I now reside in CO and maintain my own machine / gun-shop business (Diamond K).

My interest in Thompsons goes way back to the TV days (as so many of you have eluded) and I can remember well my knees weakening when I first drew the bolt on a 28N. I have made TSMGs a specialty and enjoy working on them more than anything else. I do service all makes and models however.

Well, that’s a little about me.

By the way, the diamond K was a cattle brand I designed in high school, never registered it, should have.

Nice post. Thanks.

Anyone who reads should give PK a note. Super guy !!! He puts up with a lot of my crap.

PK--

That is too cool! What a background you have in the business! It's good to know someone like you.

Thanks for the intro PK! I don't get over here to this board too often, so I hadn't heard of you.

I love the TSMG, but only have an AOC 27A1 "Deluxe" that I hand-picked from a dealers inventory in the pre-Khar days.

But - I have never ever fired it, so I can not say anything about any AOC problems - yet. I don't know that Khar would even honor my gun under any kind of warranty if I did have a problem with it.

So - it is great to know that we have someone to go to to make these guns run right. Thanks!

Steve in Pittsburgh

A Pic of some of the Magic PK performs. This Gun is a Kahr '27, done in a style of a Vintage Colt '21. Also known as Project "X".

http://images.andale.com/f2/116/123/11242007/1053294446047_px11.JPG

The High velocity guns at NASA (I worked as a consulting subcontractor) were used to launch sample material and models to test reentry characteristics and that type of thing. I guess a pea shooter would be pretty effective in zero gravity. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif