Beretta 38/42 Magazines

There was a thread not long ago about 10 round Beretta 38/42 magazines, but I couldn't locate it from a search.

My recollection from the thread was they made 10, 20, 30, and 40 round magazines.

I just bought two 30 round magazines, which are marked 10, 20, and 30. They are the same length as the 40 round magazines.

Does anyone have any of these 30 round magazines? I've got a bunch of 40 round magazines but haven't seen these 30 rounders.

I've also got a M12 30 (or maybe 32, not sure) magazine, which I'd like to have some more of these.

Thanks,

Robert

APEX Gun Parts has the Beretta 32 round and long body 30 round 9MM magazines.
Due to the length we thought we had 40 rounders, but the body markings and the block inside proved these to be 30 round magazines.

24apr18_pm1240rdmag_mid101f.png

These came out of Europe recently.
They do fit the Beretta M1938/43 SMG just fine.

Richard

Thanks Richard. That is consistent with what the seller told me. I haven't taken the floor plate off yet and cleaned them, but will do so tomorrow.

I guess if you take the block out you've got a 40 rounder.

Robert

Thanks Richard. That is consistent with what the seller told me. I haven't taken the floor plate off yet and cleaned them, but will do so tomorrow.

I guess if you take the block out you've got a 40 rounder.

Robert

I have not tried to remove the block on the long body thirty round magazine.

I may try a floor plate swap from one of my 32 rounders, and see how that feeds.

I do have one old style marked 40 rounder (came with a Beretta 1938 kit) and its the same length as these long body 30's, spring is about the same, just lacks that metal loop on the floor plate.

I need to spend some quality time with the 38/43!

Richard

Vin,

I'm not aware of a manufacturer for the Beretta 38 magazine springs. If anyone knows of any let us know.

I did see on Gunbroker a guy who had some Beretta 38/42 recoil springs he said someone locally made for him.

I think I suggested to Wolff springs some time ago that they make some for the Beretta 38/42. Maybe if enough people express an interest something positive could result.

I did buy what looks like a new M12 magazine (30 rounds I believe), and have been look for other new M12 magazines. I saw some parts kits not long ago but not recently. I had one guy on Strum who said he had some new M12 magazines but he was asking $200 each. I know I didn't pay more than $100 for the one I have.

Robert

Studying this a little further, it looks like the M12 magazine is 32 rounds:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M12

I did have someone tell me that the 30 rounder long body (40 rounder with the block inside to limit to 30 rounds) was intended to ensure more reliable functioning. I'm not sure about this, although why would you limit the long body to 30 rounds instead of 40 rounds. Maybe someone else has more insight into this question. My two long body 30 rounders did not have the block inside the magazine. The seller told me they would therefore hold 40 rounds. I haven't played with them yet, but they are in nice condition.

As mentioned above, I'd like to have some more new M12 magazines (but not at $200 a piece).

Robert

• 7 months later...

that is amazing....its at $10 a mag right now..8 days left....if it ends at $35 a mag or so there's enough room to make some decent $$ if you want to sit on it for a while...sell 5 at a time for $65 each

if they were 40's i would bid!

here is what numrich gives you for $84 a mag. i will let you judge the condition and whether they are $84 mags.....the one of the left has a follower that wont move...its jammed in there, non functional

they are going back to numrich. ive got much nicer ones that i paid $45 for

qZZa8Rf.jpg

As mentioned above, I'd like to have some more new M12 magazines (but not at $200 a piece).

You're probably not looking for this many...but an opportunity nonetheless.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796368207

I just saw this post. The lot of M12 mags was sold. That was a screaming good deal. The M12 mags are expensive. Anyone we know buy them?

Robert

$50/ea...is that a good price?

The last PM12 mags I saw were $200 but that's more than I was willing to pay. I bought one for $100 some time ago.

I would have proposed we buy the lot and split them up (those of you that were interested).

Robert

Are there that many guns that use these mags ??

Who wants a 32 rounder when 40s exist for the same price ??

I dont see any of these 38/42 mags selling. Unless they are bargains

I kinda thought they were $60-75 mags and the buyer over paid. Who is gonna buy them ?

Id take 10 at $50 each

Ive gotten 24 40 rounders for a mix of $55-75 each. Some are close to nos for that price range. Probably 15 good and 9 minty

how many m12s are in the registry? never seen one for sale?

kinda like those 400 ingram m6 mags for $175, then $150, then $125 , then $100

where is the market for 80 NIB 32 rounders for the m12, 38/42 ?

when i saw these mag for sale my thought was $20 each and sell them for $50 each

buying at $50 and trying to sell at a nice profit now? i just never see any of those $100 mags selling

again i buy the 40's for $55-75

Edited by huggytree

Beretta M12: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M12

One of the best SMGs in the world.

The appeal is new factory mags that work in the Model 38/42.

Apparently behind the LF57 as mentioned in the article?

All Beretta SMG's will take the same magazine, that is one of the benefits. I've never heard of any selling for $100, but I suppose it's possible? Some of the older ones are a bit scarce, but newer ones seem plentiful with a limited supply of guns.

I've never heard of and PM12s transferables, but as always it's possible?

Buy an LF57, better, cheaper, transferable. So nice Walther copied them!

Had an SOT, no desire to have it back.... other than the wait time.

Was it the $500 a year for the SOT or just that it wasn't useful enough given the cost, i.e., what are the pros and cons?

I seem to recall seeing one for sale some time ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchi_LF-57

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_MP

I guess it takes its own magazine?

Robert