Looking for Richardson Grip Mount Puller

I had ordered a grip mount puller from Doug earlier this year and today he refunded my money. I assume these are out of stock at this time. if anyone has an extra that they are willing to sell, please send me an emai to dll@mwmf.com or a pm. thank you.

Have you tried clamping the grip mount in a vise, placing a block of wood against the front of the receiver, and tapping with a hammer? Worked for me. (In really tough cases, especially when Loctite has been used in the dovetail, you might have to heat the area with a propane torch. Other times the grip mount pulls right off by hand. Needless to say all this is after the barrel has been removed.)

I have used both the grip mount puller and the tapping method. I feel a proper support, using a flat plate with the grip mount clamped down, and strips of wood along both sides of the receiver to keep everything straight, while using a wood tapping block against the receiver nose, is a safer method.

Didn't have any problems with the puller, but you are still pulling with force at an angle to the centerline of the receiver.

With the support boards, there is no chance of an improper slide hammer angle marring the edge of the machining on the receiver when the grip mount pulls free.

If you want to use a puller, and are getting rid of a Hurley Aluminium mount, you can clamp just about any kind of improvised slide hammer to the piece as you don't care about saving it. As mentioned, heat is very helpful. Hurleys would not exist without Loctite.

Maybe someone with lots more experience will post their view.

Edited by mnshooter