Favorite Way To Clean Your Tsmg

What types of cleaners do you use?

How do you clean out your chamber? Do you use the wire brush that has a bent handle?

How often do you clean it?

Anything else you would like to add?

Anything that you don't take apart to clean the gun?

Thanks, Brent http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Brent: We discussed cleaning and lubrication a few months ago. Do a search with the word lube I belive it started Sept. 13.

Mike Hammer http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif

Phil usually does this with his robe wrecklessly thrown open. Or so we have read on the internet! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Brett,...now that the bandwidth has been stretched to the limit...I`ll tell you what I do after a major range session...remove the wood,drop the remaining metal parts in the ultrasonic cleaner,set for 30 minutes,grab a beer and turn on the game...half time... dry the parts,re-oil and re-assemble with new unmarked reproduction parts... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Your supposed to clean these things???

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Z

For M1, I just clean like any other gun. Hoppes, Wipe-Out, whatever to get the powder, copper and lead residue out. All seem to work about the same as the others. No ultrasonic cleaner so no opinion pro or con.

I lube the fire controls and extractor with any of the typical oils - Triflon, Rem Oil, whatever they had when I last bought. On the bolt to receiver interfaces I use Colt T-6 which is an over-priced thin white grease. No opinion on what to use for a Blish lock.

If cleanliness is next to godliness, is clean AND oiled truly godly?

• 4 years later...
For M1, I just clean like any other gun. Hoppes, Wipe-Out, whatever to get the powder, copper and lead residue out. All seem to work about the same as the others. No ultrasonic cleaner so no opinion pro or con.

I lube the fire controls and extractor with any of the typical oils - Triflon, Rem Oil, whatever they had when I last bought. On the bolt to receiver interfaces I use Colt T-6 which is an over-priced thin white grease. No opinion on what to use for a Blish lock.

If cleanliness is next to godliness, is clean AND oiled truly godly?

I know this is an old thread and this information may have been already covered elsewhere. I maintain all the sub gun rentals at my club and the Thompsons get shot a LOT. One area I feel that tends to get overlooked when doing cleaning and maintenance is the extractor slot. Problems in this area will generally show up a light primer hits and eventually misfires because the bolt isn't going all the ways forward because the slot is crudded up. This of course prevents the firing pin from solidly hitting the primer.

What I do with the gun stripped down is spay the slot and chamber area with CLP or it's equivelent,brush overall with a chamber brush and get into the extractor slot with a smaller brush. I then blow the area out thoroughly with an air hose.

I have helped several owners of Thompsons as well as they couldn't understand why they were getting thes light hits as they routinely cleaned and maintained their guns.

Jim

Ok:

I guess posting any factual information here is a waste of time. I won't bother doing this in the future.

I expect this will be my final post here.

Jim

Oh come on, we're just having fun.

Seriously. After a range session I run a copper brush down once covered in hoppes, then patches till they come out clean.

Every 2k rounds the weapon gets detail stripped and parts are individually inspected and cleaned. Parts are then reinstalled and lubricated.

I'm just paranoid I guess. Pop has a bucket with some cleaning solvent he uses on his toys. I just like to go the traditional route.

How dirty is your gun anyway?

Ok:

I guess posting any factual information here is a waste of time. I won't bother doing this in the future.

I expect this will be my final post here.

Jim

With an attrition rate like this we might as well bring back "he whos name must not be spoken". Sheesh, I guess maybe a disclaimer about sarcasm and smart ass remarks might be in order? Oh well.... anudder one bites the dust.....

[sheesh, I guess maybe a disclaimer about sarcasm and smart ass remarks might be in order? Oh well.... anudder one bites the dust.....

Absolutely. The old saying if you are not going to help don't hinder comes to mind. In the future the sarcastic and smart ass remarks will be deleted. It does the forum no good to run new members off by not answering their questions in a helpful manner.

[sheesh, I guess maybe a disclaimer about sarcasm and smart ass remarks might be in order? Oh well.... anudder one bites the dust.....

Absolutely. The old saying if you are not going to help don't hinder comes to mind. In the future the sarcastic and smart ass remarks will be deleted. It does the forum no good to run new members off by not answering their questions in a helpful manner.

Well.... My remark was meant the other way..... I'd rather not have a board where you have to tip toe around PC police and live in fear of hurtin someones little feelers.... If someone just wants boring dry facts they need to use google a bit more and not be so lazy.... I mean really how many different ways are there to clean a gun? jmvho

Blaine

Well.... My remark was meant the other way..... I'd rather not have a board where you have to tip toe around PC police and live in fear of hurtin someones little feelers.... If someone just wants boring dry facts they need to use google a bit more and not be so lazy.... I mean really how many different ways are there to clean a gun? jmvho

Blaine

With some of the answers given, no answer would have been better.

If someone just wants boring dry facts they need to use google a bit more and not be so lazy....

The same could apply to a majority of the questions on the board.