M.g. 34 Lafette Tripod Manual In English

jbaum

For whoever is interested -

The MG-34 Lafette manual is about 2 weeks from being done. This is a translation of the original D 124/2 MG Lafette 34 manual and includes all graphics as well as a complete parts listing and diagrams. It will be about 46 pages, with the first 30 text, and the rest pics. This manual includes a complete description of the function and use of the Searching Fire Device and the tripod, but does not include anything about the optics. Optics are always a separate manual, and I haven't found it yet.

Graphics are coming out great. The pictures in the past have been excellent, but weren't quite as nice as the master copies I sent to the printer..... I worked for a print shop for years, and decided to do it myself, so everything will be printed directly from a 1200dpi laser printer. The first mockups are looking fine. Click on the link at the bottom of the message to see Figure 8 from the booklet. Price will be $18.00, and that includes first class postage in the U.S.

If anyone has or knows where I can find someone with the original D 124/1 MG34 manual, email me. I've done 2 MG42 manuals, and now the MG34 tripod manual, and I'd like to have the MG34 weapon manual to match up with the tripod book.

The next project (already started) is a 1942 Butz book. If you have Folke Myrvang's excellent book about the MG34/MG42, you know that this is THE book to have. He quotes page after page of it in his book.... I'm doing all 242 pages of it.

Completed: The MG3 Tripod manual, D 166/1 on the MG42, and Merkblatt 41/18 on the MG42. All are still available for sale.

www.GermanManuals.com

John

Edited by jbaum

Will that MG34 Tripod maual cover such subjects as "zeroing the scope to the axis of the bore when both are level? (.......such as we did with Field-Artillery Bore-sighting, or the Basic-Periodic-Test.).....and perhaps a detailed drawing of the "test-target" (unless they suggested a distant-aiming-point method)?

Also, will it cover adjustments to the mount, and maintenance? Ordering instructions?...and costs?.....any adjustments to the MGZ34 or MGZ40 optics for zero? (other than the "cam-bolts" on the mount)?

Last, does your manual for the WWII German MG42 Mount (not MG3 mount) cover these same topics?...pricing/ordering information?

Thanks in advance, RichardS.

The MG34 tripod manual doesn't go into detail about maintenance. It does have details about setup and use. It's directed to the user in the field. Nothing about cost or the scope. The MGZ scopes are covered in a different manual than the tripod. I haven't found one of those yet, but I'm still looking. Find someone who will loan me the manual or scan it for me, and I'm ready to do it.

The Butz book has 6 pages (3 of them pictures) about the scope. I haven't made it that far in translating that one so I can't tell you what it says. I remember seeing the test target in that book too. The Butz book will be at least 6 weeks yet. It's a small format book, but there are 242 pages in it, and it takes about an hour per page.

I don't have an MG42 tripod manual, just two MG42 books for the weapon itself. Later this summer, I have an MG42 book lined up that has a tripod section in it. I haven't even seen the book yet, so all I can tell you is what I already have done.

So far, that's the MG3 tripod manual ($17) nothing about the scope in it either, the Merkblatt 41/18 MG42 manual (all text, no pictures, written for the gunner, $18), and the D 166/1 MG42 manual, which has several pictures and a complete parts listing ($18). All prices include U.S. postage. If you want more details, easiest thing to do would be to check out the three links below. They're the ebay ads I've had. Notice that the prices if you buy directly from me are cheaper. If I don't have to pay ebay's fees, you shouldn't either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2228801617

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2225891686

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=2224026001

If you want to order, email me at jbaum@clover.net

I've sent them all over the country, and a couple to Japan and a couple to Canada. Response has been very positive. I just brough home an MG34 Lafette mount this afternoon, and will be working on proofreading and comparing to the real thing to make sure I have the manual right for it. I already lined up an MG34 for when I do the Butz book.