Sbr Questions

Hello Everyone,

Merry Christmas while it is still the 25th. I am new here and have a couple questions after doing several searches.

I am in the midst of my first NFA firearm. I have a partially completed Form 1, awaiting a few final details, such as serial #, once I purchase my Thompson Carbine. It is CLEO signed, and I have my fingerprint cards all done. The SBR FAQ was very useful, especially with that Compliance form: "Yes I am a Citizen, look, I signed the form" .

I am going to to the barrel swap myself and just need a couple pointers. I am going to go ahead and buy nice, new headspace gauges and barrel wrench. There is the wrench that tws63 is selling for $70.00 on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=36258&rd=1

Is this what I need for a M1 non-finned barrel and is it a good deal?

Headspace gauges, I am going to go get gouged at Brownells for $30.00 a piece for a go and a No-go and would like any suggestions out there.

And Finally...Strike up the band..... once the new, shiny, stumpy barrel is on....How do I mount the front sight blade?? I am figuring once I get the barrel on I am going to bench the gun and find if it is shooting right or left and adjust the front sight angle accordingly (within reason, maybe a couple degrees right or left). Once I have that figured out, is it pinned or welded or soldered on?

Thank you for your help,

Phatmax