Rent A Thompson

Had to work over to Houston for a couple of days and made a side trip to "Top Gun" shooting range near the Galleria. They have several subguns for rent including an M1A1 Thompson. The range is an indoor facility that is very nice and clean. The rental costs $50 for the use of the gun and $15 per loaded 30 round stick magazine. One warning for those of you like me that only own the '27 so far....it IS hard to put it down! Once you get started you keep running back to the counter for more mags! The gun is a post 86 dealer sample so you don't get to take it home. If you get to the Houston area and need a fix they are happy to help.

Holy Crap! I need to start a service where i rent out my C3 stuff. I think some of those guys that charge 25-30 dollars for ONE magazine are on crack.

I guess you are "risking" a 5-figure weapon when you let someone shoot it. But it would not take long at those prices to be able to justify it

I have 2 HK autosears...so if i rented my MP5, HK33, or G3 out for an average of $50 per person it would only take 200 rentals to reach replacement value (plus whatever profit you make on ammo)

I am sure my F/A AK would be a big hit along with the UZI and M16.

Wonder if it is legal to rento out a transferable (as long as i am there)

A local gunshop/indoor shooting range has an HK MP-5 A2 and an M-16 carbine, 9 mm to rent/shoot. $50/ half-hour plus their ammo at their prices. (The place is Target Sports for those in or visiting the Detroit area). I've never seen anyone renting, and at those prices, no wonder.

About a year ago, The Gunstore in Vegas had rental SMG's including an M1A1 TSMG for $25 (with their ubiquitous $5 off coupon) for 50 rounds of ammo (loaded in three stick mags) fired however you wanted as long as you didn't do a mag dump. They were down on that.

Edited by SecondAmend

Hmmm, $15 per mag for the Thompson, think I'll raise my price. But if any of you guys mention that last year it was $13.00 I'll let you have it at that price.

See ya in Albany, Oregun 15-16 May with a lot of new stuff!