Aw Ban And Drum Prices

True drums will stay steady; there is a limited supply and they can't be imported.

New made drums will come in slightly (10% to 20%) under current prices, and drop over time to a reasonable level ($200 for a 39 rd drum from Kahr).

Smart thinkers will produce 50,000 "drums" immediately (if only the single part they need) and store them away in anticipation of a renewed ban. If that comes, they can still build out the full drum legally. If not, the cost is minimal.

Someone who could create a true 50 round Thompson drum (even one that could fit both "real" Thompsons and Kahr) could command maybe $300 to $500. The problem is the upfront costs for tooling.

Marc

I would hazard a guess that the Valentine Products tooling is still extant, somewhere.

Maybe it was melted down, maybe not. Maybe the current owners know what they have, or maybe it can be picked up for $500.....

or maybe is was Numrich/Gunparts owned and now Kahr owns it, and that is what they still make their drums from.

I really don't need anymore drums, but I would buy another NP drum if the price was at $200- $250 or less.

Doug

As I have said before on this board - when I spoke to Mr. Moon (Kahr ) at the shot show they make the 50 round drum now for sale to Law enforcement and export. They will have the 50 rd drum for sale at around $200. when the ban sunsets.

Kahr never made the 39 rd drum - and its questioned if AO (of the time) made the drum. Some have suggested the drum sold by AO was the jap toy drum stamped by AO prior to coming out with WH 50 rd drum.

When the ban sunsets the 39 rd drums will be worth next to nothing, and new drums of the WH type will be a stock item for Kahr.

The early drums should bring good money as there are no more of them for the collector market.

Kahr appears to have no interest in making a 100 rd drum.

Drum prices will fall. Kahr never produced a 39Rd Drum. The 39Rd Drum was produced in Japan by MGC for their Cap Guns, and in the late 1970's to early 1980's, WH sold them, but engraved their name on the Front Covers. After the Sunset, Drums will be had for less than $200.00 for a new "L".

Hmmm, shoulda sold my WH L drum yesterday for 4 drums next Tuesday. (The Wimpy theory of gun parts selling). It would be interesting to see the reaction if new MG's were allowed to be made for public consumption. Collectables would hold a lot of their value, but new production stuff would crash the market on everything else.

I was just talking to a customer the other day that said he had $10K worth of pre-ban magazines that would probably be worth 1-2K in 2 months.

Doug