Attached Files

#22 Arthur Fliegenheimer

Arthur Fliegenheimer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 3648 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

Guess they got around the trademark issue with the auto-ordInance... :o

And yet they intentionally misspelled THOMPSON. Perhaps they figured the name was trademarked but not AOC?   Anyway, AOC has moved on with  her "Green New Deal."

Attached File  THOMSON toy.JPG   79.13K   2 downloads

#23 john

john

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Mohawk64!
That was my display and although I haven't shown it for awhile I still have it all (except one of the guns I sold to Stenguy who really wanted his childhood Nichols Tommy capgun....think he offered me twice what I had into it and I sold it to him for half that as I'm not into making money over matters among friends! Just to see him smile made the trip a winner!
This is a toy Thompson I don't have (there are a few I don't own but have over 120).
As such I'll be looking for one as well as some of the others, and always looking to upgrade too. If anyone has one for sale, let me know please?

I actually like the guns that show a moderate amount of use as they were played with and if they could only talk......a few of mine are new and in original packaging but most have been thoroughly loved!
Perhaps it's time for me to display it again.....my kids had a lot of fun helping me put that display together for the 2005 show.....now they are 29 and 31!
Thanks for reminding me....good memories!

john

(john anderson)

currently NOT freezing in Minnesota but basking in Northern Florida and southern Georgia!

Edited by john, 12 February 2019 - 07:50 PM.

#24 benedw60

benedw60

• Regular Group
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:09 PM

John pm sent

#25 johnnj

johnnj

• Board Donor
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Auto Repair. Firearm Collecting And Target Shooting. Reading And Learning About NFA weapons.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 07:30 PM

Did you find it at the Oaks Show today? I was there most of the day and didn't see it.....  Saw the seller with a Colt Thompson with drums and 3 stick mags in a FBI case for 53K....

Did you happen to get the serial number of the Thompson and Drum

Saw that 1921 Colt again at the Oaks over the weekend. Serial was 4976. Had D.P.D. stamped in the butt stock and pistol grip. The seller let me handle the stock and there wasn't any anchor stamp on it. He told me only military guns had the anchor stamp. After that I walked away. Gun wasn't in great shape, But was in a hard case with one drum and 4 sticks. Still at $53K......

#26 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2501 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:45 AM

Phillips head fasteners predate WWII.