Live Full Auto Thompson: $439.95

Thought some might get a kick out of checking Marstar's current inventory of live Class III Weapons. Non importable to us of course! Here's a hyper link to the Auto Ord. M1A1. $575 Canadian which is about $439.95 US.

http://www.marstar.ca/fullauto/US-M1A1.htm

Check out the other stuff they have also. MG42's for $875 Canadian!

Steve: This makes me sad, it also makes me mad as hell that our 2nd Amendment rights have been so trampled upon so that we cannot bring these fine pieces of history back to the U.S. were they belong. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Mike Hammer

Don't feel so bad.I personally think the advertisement is a crock.I'm in Canada with no criminal record and i could never get that tommy even if it was $100 Why because to get a full auto weapon here in Canuckland you would have to have had your full auto permit before 1977 if not then forget about it.(Unless you have people in the government that is a relative who know the ins and outs).So unless that or if your in law enforcement then no one (Joe Lunchpails like me)can ever enjoy a any Tommy even at $575.So your not alone in being pissed!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Chitown

Edited by chitowngangster

Chitown,

Interesting post, I've never understood how the laws work up there. So if you are grandfathered in by having your Full Auto Permit from prior to 1977, what happens at the time of your death? Can your heirs inherit the weapon? The goverment confiscate it or? Who, if anyone, can you sell the gun to?

Stenguy,

I called about those same guns last year and contacted the imports branch of the ATF. I was told that with the proper paperwork (an import application) that a licensed importer could purchase but that the sale would be restricted to law anforcement or military only, and the weapons would never become transferable except to another PD or government agency. In other words, even an SOT would not be allowed to own these. When I contacted Marstar back, they confirmed this is why they are so cheap. Thye have virtually no one who is eligible to buy them, here or in Canada.

Steve

In Canada full auto weapons can only be sold to grandfathered licensed individuals and of course police/military.

So since they are not going to issue any more licenses the pool of potential individuals to buy these dwindles of course.

Hardrede,

Would the Department of State been involved with this transfer if the Class 3 weapon(s) you had sought to import on a Form 6 had not been part of any United States foreign military weapon assistance or sales program?

What a ridiculous Executive order! Thanks for the excellent information Hardrede! It almost reads that Marstar could price those at zero, and still not be able to dispose of them. It makes no sense that such a small quantity of these could pose such a threat that it would take an act of Congress (really!) to get them repatriated.

I have a friend in Canada who has an extensive collection of all original MG's; Vickers, Maxims, MG42's, all manner of TSMG's, BAR's, everything, the pictures of his gun room are quite impressive. As he put it, when he dies, they all get melted down into manhole covers.

Doug

Hardrede,

What kind of things were said on the other two sites? UNless you got hit by trolls, how can somebody attack you for posting information straight from the source??? I wish we had a government that actually cared about upholding the Constitution as it was intended when it was written.: "Congress shall make NO law that infringes ..."

Thanks Hardrede. Does the United States have records to establish what guns were previously furnished to a foreign government under a foreign assistance or sales program? And if so, do these records contain serial number information? Or is the burden on the seller/buyer to show the weapon up for import was a commercial model and not involved in a military deal?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (lanshoka @ Sep 9 2004, 08:04 PM)
Hello Chitowngangster..

If you're willing to part with $2,000 CDN plus tax and shipping this link should make you very happy. One of the deactivated firearms listed is a mint dewat 1928 Thompson. Click on the picture icon next to the description to see it on your monitor.

http://www.collectorssource.com/category.asp?catid=2

Dewats fall under a different category than replicas in Canada. This is no restriction on them as they are considered to be a non-firearm. Whether it makes sense or not that is the case.

I think you have been the victim of a considerable amount of false information from people who want to discourage your interest in this type of firearm.

Study the Canadian Criminal code section concerning firearms and know your facts. Keep cool and don't display emotion when discussing firearms with registry officials otherwise they will label you as someone they do not want owning firearms.

Good luck.

Jim.

Thank-you Jim!

Finally i understand.

Wish they would have stated it your way.I think your right in that they are trying to disuade people.

Mario