Roger Cox Thompson Book Copyright for sale

With permission from David Albert, I am placing the Cox Book copyright for sale. It Includes the copyright to the Cox book Supplement and the Rimfire Thompson video I produced in 1992. I am asking $5000 for the three copyrights. I believe Roger Cox produced 3500 books in 1992 and 500 supplements in 1996.

It's been 24 years since I purchased the Cox book copyright and the supplement. I had planned to reprint it to include the supplement and maybe add some new material. However as I was involved with my Class 3 business and then establishing the non-profit police and military museum in Dunedin Florida the time to do the project never seemed to materialize.

I believe over the last 24 years I've sold many videos, supplements, and unused Cox book covers ( for those who wanted to upgrade their covers or use as art work) to members of this board.

And I would like to thank all who purchased items from me over the years.

Now in my 70's and dealing with some health issues, including Parkinsons disease, I am having to slow down.

I am so very impressed with the way the forum has been run by David and the members of this board and I know it has educated thousands of

Thompson aficionados both here in the U.S. and around the world. Also my thanks to all who have published their own books and related items.

The combined knowledge of the members of this forum is absolutely amazing.

Thanks for considering this project. Stay safe out there.

Doug look at it as you made it this far and you are still here. Glad somebody has all that info.Some youngblood with dough will step up hopefully.all the best for 2020 and beyond. RON K.

I always enjoyed this pic of Bill and Dave.

post-504-0-60966400-1597187856_thumb.jpg

I have a copy of the book but the cover was destroyed before the book was given to me by a good friend.

Do you still have any covers left for sale? I'd be good for one!

Thanks.

john

Edited by john

I believe Bill sold out of extra book covers long ago. Bill, please correct me if Im wrong.

Bill and Ron,

Thanks for your kind words. I hadnt seen the photo of Helmer and me in quite a while. I should probably print and frame it. That photo was taken 15 years ago now...Time flies.

Good luck with the Cox book, supplement, and Rimfire video rights offering, and I hope you find a buyer. Its certainly a unique opportunity to own the rights to the first book published about collecting the Thompson.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

If there are any book covers left, the copy I bought a few years back came with a torn cover, so a new one would be a nice addition to a good book.

Stay safe

Richard

I remember talking to Roger about publishing his book when I visited

him in Athens back in the 1980's. He published the book on his own. One

thing he told me which I did not know ( and this is the technology of 40

years ago) is that the printing dies were cast out of some linotype metal

which was hard at first, but which became softer over time, the point being

that you could not save the dies for another printing later on because they

would then be too soft and useless for printing.

I do not know if modern technology has overcome this but I would think so.

Instead of having to print thousands of books to cover the set up costs maybe

by now a book could be scanned/digitized and laser or inkjet printed as needed.

Bob

I don't know the mechanics of the actual printing process, but books today are laid out in computer programs like InDesign.

Once laid out you can see exactly what the book will look like on your screen, you can also index and make the table of contents with InDesign.

After layout is done, you transfer the layout electronically to the printer.

If anyone is looking for a copy of the supplement for the Roger Cox book, there is one listed on eBay at the moment.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thompson-Machine-Gun-Manual-Original-Book-Operator-Vintage-1986-Supplement-Min/174403066214?hash=item289b3b9966:g:9fgAAOSwhYhfP13s

Stay safe

Richard

The supplement provides some enjoyable reading on its own....Phils-l1600.jpg

Phil,

When I bought my copy of Roger A. Cox book from Richard Garcia last year, it came with the supplement, and as you say, it is a good read.

Richard

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...