Knob Creek anybody going?

I'll be working as an RO on the Subgun match. If you think that $40 is too high, don't play. Considering how much work goes into the props, targets, setup, and running the match, I think it's a bargain at twice that.

As for going to Knob Creek, other sites do some things better than Knob Creek. Big Sandy has a firing line a mile long and the range goes out forever. The SAR show has more machine guns, parts, and accessories on the tables than anywhere else. Other places have a pretty good subgun match. Knob Creek has it all. And it's a convenient location for a huge number of people.

See you there. Flag me down if you see any .30 Lewis, Chauchat, or Sterling SMG parts, mags, or accessories. (My wife says that 40 Sterling mags are plenty. I'm not sure)

I'll be going as usual. Not so long of a trip now that I live in Indiana. Still don't get to hook up with every many people. But I have a lot of fun anyway.

I know how much work goes into setting up, buying and building targets and running matches. As for not shooting the match this month-you are correct I won't be.

I shoot IDPA based matches in the winter at a couple different indoor ranges in my area and they only cost me $10 per night and we shoot 3-4 stages each time. I also shoot SASS and the entry fee for my 3 day shoot here in Ohio was $55 for 10 stages and a very good dinner on Saturday night. When I shot Protector (trap shooting) it was $3.00 per man per squad ($6.00) per team with payouts of $12 for 1st, $10 for a split, and $8 for 2nd or $6, $5, and $4 per man and that. 5 teams ponying up $30 total with the potential to win back $20 total. That other $10 goes into buying targets and maintaining the traps and so on.

Edited by Got Uzi

Too much going on to get there this fall. Hunting, working, setting up deer stands, yada, yada, yada. I know, it is only 2 hours from Indy, but still. And I spent my toy money on the Reising.