Where Can A Guy Find Fn49 Parts Kits?

The FN49 is one of my favorites. I have two, one from Luxumbourg in .30-06 and another Venezuelan contract gun in 7mm Mauser. Their FN quality is amazing. I've never seen parts kits for these, possibly because they are legal for import in their original military configuration, not counting the select-fire guns. Gun Parts Corp. may have some of the parts that you need, but you'd probably end up paying more to complete your gun than if you bought a nice Century rebuilt 8mm. Others may be of more help!

thanks man......buying parts seperate for them are toooo high...i'd be better buying a complete gun.....i have found a kit that includes everything but the trigger group..included receiver and barrel....i'm new to fn49 and hadn't never tore into one so i'm not sure how much trouble...i'd rather build my own...learning how they are made and how to build them is alot more fun than just buying them

• 1 month later...
PhilOhio is right: these are intricately built and carefully fitted guns with serials matched to each other. Different contracts for various countries resulted in differing configurations. I recommend The SAFN-49 Battle Rifle, A Shooter's and Collector's Guide, by Joe Poyner. Trying to build an FN-49 from parts would be a real nightmare! They are great rifles. I especially enjoy the '49 in 7mm Mauser. It's a really excellent little cartridge!

Philohio,

Walter "Karamojo" Bell used a number of rifles on elephant, but his favorite was a .275 Rigby - the old 7x57 Mauser - firing a 173-gr. steel jacketed solid bullet at a modest 2300 fps. With it, he shot a great many of his 1000-plus elephants.

SAFARI RIFLES by Craig Boddington 1990

In Botswana late1998, I used a Searcy .577 Nitro Double rifle throwing a 750-gr. solid at 2050 fps. I'm not sure I was undergunned, but it DID get the elephant. Photos on request. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I've had 2 FN-49's over the years, both in 8mm. It is definitely one of my favorite rifles to shoot, and I almost always take it to the range with me when I get the chance. I've been thinking about buying one of the Argentine Navy .308 models with the 20-round magazine. I've never heard of anyone who was disappointed with an FN-49 purchase. In my opinion, they are underpriced for the level of quality that went into their manufacture.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Poprivet: Dude! Post those photos!

I bought a nice supply of 1970's FN 7mm Mauser ammo in Spanish marked 100 round boxes for my Venezualan contract FN-49. It's a joy to shoot, with superb accuracy and no recoil to speak of. It's the most controllable automatic rifle I ever fired, but weighs even more than the .30-06 and 8mm '49s. Glad I don't ever have to carry it very far! It was only recently when I read an article in American Rifleman that I realized that the 7mm Mauser cartridge had the .275 Rigby pedigree. If I did more hunting, I'd certainly consider a custom rifle in 7mm Mauser. BTW, my 7mm '49 was a brand new contract overrun gun, which I couldn't resist firing.

The AL marked .30-06 '49 from Luxumbourg was likewise unfired, but had been used evidently for drill or ceremonial purposes and had some battering to the butt plate. It is likewise great to shoot, with a little less recoil than a Garand.

• 4 years later...
I also appreciate the FN49, but have never seen authentic clips for sale in the 7mm caliber- I’m curious if anyone has ever seen authentic clips offered, or where they might be obtained. Yes, I have been taken by sellers claiming to have them.

Does anyone have or know where to find FN49 parts kits? any help would be great.....Thanks

as indicated above Sarco has parts, they used to have the full auto components. google them they has a lot of parts

I always wanted one in 8mm

sprat