Removing Broken Extractor

Using Wolf in the Semi 27A1, caused 3 failures with the extractor. 2 were within 25 to 30 rounds! No savings there.

As to the type of extractors, most likely they were not GI issue, they were obtained from Numrich and Kahr. I looked at some at a show but the guy was asking $19.95 ea. so I passed on them.

I still have a few hundred rounds of Wolf left that I'll put through the Kimber and Colt. They seem to have no problems with it. From there is back to brass 100% and reloading.

Last time at the range I fired 200 rounds of brass without a hitch.

I've heard of the rear plate of M11/9 cracking before (not sure what brands of ammo were used). That would definitely be a bad feeling. Worse would be a cracked bolt or split/ bulged barrel on my 21AC. The M1A1 I could repair/ get repaired without dizziness, nausea, vomiting, cold sweats, sleepless nights, etc, but not the 21. Savage/Stevens extractors are $5 all day long at the Creek.

evident smevident..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif What, first they are underpowered squib loads getting stuck in the barrel, now they are overpowered max loads destroying guns... Make up your mind which way you want to go.....

Just pointing out that now matter what is posted in a negative way about Wolf ammo, seems to be more evidence to prove your point even if it is completely contary to the past negative points.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Personal attack???? I have said nothing personal here.... You may take it personal and that is up to you.... You posted the ????????? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif and I explained what I meant... That is personal? Don't ask if you don't want an answer I guess. The whole Wolf thing is a long tedious topic at best..... Go ahead find all the post that I made "personal" attacks on you and not your ideas.... I think the whole bulged barrel thread would be a great one to look at.... BTW The UK Weapons Technical Staff memo backs up and pretty much proves my point on that one..... You'll find it on pg 85 ATII....

Just a bit to add...

"And we don't need your long, insulting, acid arguments about why this is not so and why anybody who disagrees with you is a moron, and with extracted clips from other peoples' previous postings and your embellished analyses to prove whatever irrelevant point you are trying to make about how wrong everybody else is."

Find me one just one "long" insulting argument... This is really funny coming from you the king of word count. Have you ever posted a short post? I really would like you to pull these up and show them to me because honestly I'm in the dark here... Just asking for a little help.

20,000 rounds of brass cased lead bullet reloads thru my

Colt :21A over the last 20 years (using a '28 bolt and extractor from Sarco) with no extractor problems ar any others, for that matter. I suspect that steel cased ammo is the culprit in most cases. Spend a little more and use brass.

I've never had any problems with squib loads, or over powdered ones from anyone.

Yet! I hope I don't.

OT: however on the 1911 boards there was some chatter of Win White Box with over charges, possible squib load. To the point where Winchester paid to repair or replace parts on a Kimber 1911 after the barrel blew.

Personally I feel it is just the steel case. Never had any problems with the case coatings, just extractors.

Like I mentioned earlier, it may simply be due to the force that the semi 27 slams home. Lets face it, that is a lot of spring action needed to jump over the edge of the case.

The main spring on the FA are not as heavy, that in my mind would have a slightly reduced energy on closing and impact.

AO (Trast), and Kahr were and are still using extractors that were designed for use in FA firearms.

I guess there are 3 really good answers here:

1) Buy a FA.

2) Use brass cases.

3) Or design a bolt, and pivoting extractor. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif