TM1 Receiver / Frame fit is way too tight - FIXED!

did you pull the trigger and slide the lower back then lift the latch button with screw driver? theres a great youtube video on the disassembly of the semi autos mine was a bit stiff at the beginning and had to lightly tap it I also used a fine flat file to remove some left over burrs on the upper and lower like I said , watch the video its not a difficult or complicated procedure. always make sure the safety is off and the gun is empty and uncocked before you start. oh yeah, another thing, don't ever cock you gun when the safety is on read you instructions its in big red letters.

Yes, I did all that. It would not separate by pulling on the grip. It took a few pretty good blows with a heavy rubber mallet to get them to even begin to separate at all. I'll look for burrs and go at it with my fine flat files and report back. Thanks!

Edited by Hossbreed45

I would also check for any warp/twisting with a straight edge. I'm sure you could also use lapping compound after stripping the receiver and trigger frame to improve the fit as well.

Andrew

I think it is a common issue. I happen to live about an hour from the Tommy Gun Warehouse. I had to take my M1SB in for a sear issue - while I was there their armorer worked on the upper and lower to make it easyier to break them down.