Freedom of information act,Obviously I don't understand the proces

timkel

Dan don't know why you would not hear anything by now. I've done a couple of them and have received timely responses on both occasions.

Mike

Dan don't know why you would not hear anything by now. I've done a couple of them and have received timely responses on both occasions.

Mike

I actually sent in the same group of FOIA requests twice, about a year apart. So I don't know if they are referring to the first or second group as now being in the system. I long ago gave up expecting a reply. It's interesting to see my government at work.

Ive sent requests for all of my guns that have a history. Ive gotten them back in 6-12 months on the first few. The last 3 ive gotten nothing other than the letter saying they have the request. I wonder if they even do it anymore ? Its been 1.5-2 years on them now Edited by huggytree

There was another post where a Board member said he new someone at BATF who said that timely processing transfers (and FOIA would fall into same category) was not a priority or concern for the current administration. Kind of like bans on bump stocks, POTUS doesn't like silencers, etc.

That letter you received is normally sent within weeks of them receiving your request. I can't begin to speculate on why it would take 4 years for them to send it if it was sent to the correct address. On the plus side, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that you will get your report since at least they have acknowledged receiving it.

Mike