The Aw/mag Ban, Today In Senate !

One thing I found out was how the elected senators from NC voted. I had my doubts about Sen. Dole, but she voted against the BS AWB and the nonsence gunshow loophole. I noticed she also voted against the blantant 1st amendment violation in the guise of campaign finance reform and the incumbant protection act.

On the other hand, the demo president wannabe 'looser' John Edwards voted for ALL of the above farces. I believe he voted for the AWB and the GSL to kill the bill. Heck, why shoud he vote against it, he got rich from other people's pain and suffering. He would be killing his cash cow.

wolfer113, we need to be just like Gore, and take this to the activist judges to make legislation on this bill if we cannot get it to pass in the ligitimate Govt. branch http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif . Seriously, this fight is not over, and I for one will not become an unarmed subject like our Englishter counterparts.

Scott

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif M1Tommy; I am so glad you pointed out how Senator Dole voted; She was always mushie on guns in the past, but now she has done the right thing; So glad to see the wife of a great WWII Hero come to the right side of the force; Gun owners in NC can now really get behind her; What a great lady, now, in all ways.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Now Sen.Olimpia Snowe of Maine, back in 94 voted against the AW/Mag ban, this time voted for it. She has become contaminated with liberalism...Time for you Maine voters to clean the infection................it's a jungle out there........jw

The one thing that is perhaps even more painful than watching anti-gun senators like Feinstein, Schumer, Kennedy, and Reed stand up on the floor of the Senate and release a torrent of mistruths and distortions regarding guns, is to have "our side" ineffectively and timidly respond with weak arguments.

Sen. Larry Craig was absolutely eloquent in presenting an honest, factual, and concise response to the contorted "logic" and emotional rhetoric that was presented by the anti-gun crowd, and should be commended for his efforts.

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to call Sen. Craig's office (202-224-2752) and express your thanks for the superb job he did in representing gun owners and defending the Second Amendment. While you're at it, consider sending a donation to his campaign fund. Even if you don't live in Idaho, you will be helping a staunch pro-gun voice remain in office.

Sen. Larry Craig Campaign

P.O. Box 2754

Boise, ID 83701

In addition, Sen. George Allen of Virginia, who is undoubtedly going to be subject to very hostile criticism from anti-gun groups for his last-minute decision to vote against the ban, could use our thanks and encouragement too (202-224-4024). Sen. Allen had indicated in prior correspondence with constituents that he would support renewing the ban, but just a day before the vote, changed his position on the issue, saying "I have concluded, after a review of the evidence, that this symbolic ban of 19 firearms chosen for cosmetic reasons is a meaningless, toothless law that has virtually no impact on crime."

While every single vote against the ban deserves our thanks, Sen. Allen's bold turnaround has drawn the ire of the anti-gun lobby, and they will try to use this against him in his 2006 re-election bid... a hefty campaign warchest will help him fight back against these attacks.

Sen. George Allen Campaign

Attn. Tom Benedetti

1805 Monument Ave.

Suite 203

Richmond, VA 23220

And, of course, do not forget to call your own senator and express your thanks or disappointment for their vote on the AWB renewal. Here is how senators voted Tuesday on adding the AWB renewal to S.1805:

Alabama:

Sessions (R-AL), Nay

Shelby (R-AL), Nay

Alaska:

Murkowski (R-AK), Nay

Stevens (R-AK), Nay

Arizona:

Kyl (R-AZ), Nay

McCain (R-AZ), Nay

Arkansas:

Lincoln (D-AR), Yea

Pryor (D-AR), Yea

California:

Boxer (D-CA), Yea

Feinstein (D-CA), Yea

Colorado:

Allard (R-CO), Nay

Campbell (R-CO), Nay

Connecticut:

Dodd (D-CT), Yea

Lieberman (D-CT), Yea

Delaware:

Biden (D-DE), Yea

Carper (D-DE), Yea

Florida:

Graham (D-FL), Yea

Nelson (D-FL), Yea

Georgia:

Chambliss (R-GA), Nay

Miller (D-GA), Nay

Hawaii:

Akaka (D-HI), Yea

Inouye (D-HI), Yea

Idaho:

Craig (R-ID), Nay

Crapo (R-ID), Nay

Illinois:

Durbin (D-IL), Yea

Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea

Indiana:

Bayh (D-IN), Yea

Lugar (R-IN), Yea

Iowa:

Grassley (R-IA), Nay

Harkin (D-IA), Yea

Kansas:

Brownback (R-KS), Nay

Roberts (R-KS), Nay

Kentucky:

Bunning (R-KY), Nay

McConnell (R-KY), Nay

Louisiana:

Breaux (D-LA), Yea

Landrieu (D-LA), Nay

Maine:

Collins (R-ME), Yea

Snowe (R-ME), Yea

Maryland:

Mikulski (D-MD), Yea

Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea

Massachusetts:

Kennedy (D-MA), Yea

Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Michigan:

Levin (D-MI), Yea

Stabenow (D-MI), Yea

Minnesota:

Coleman (R-MN), Nay

Dayton (D-MN), Yea

Mississippi:

Cochran (R-MS), Nay

Lott (R-MS), Nay

Missouri:

Bond (R-MO), Nay

Talent (R-MO), Nay

Montana:

Baucus (D-MT), Nay

Burns (R-MT), Nay

Nebraska:

Hagel (R-NE), Nay

Nelson (D-NE), Nay

Nevada:

Ensign (R-NV), Nay

Reid (D-NV), Nay

New Hampshire:

Gregg (R-NH), Yea

Sununu (R-NH), Nay

New Jersey:

Corzine (D-NJ), Yea

Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea

New Mexico:

Bingaman (D-NM), Yea

Domenici (R-NM), Nay

New York:

Clinton (D-NY), Yea

Schumer (D-NY), Yea

North Carolina:

Dole (R-NC), Nay

Edwards (D-NC), Yea

North Dakota:

Conrad (D-ND), Yea

Dorgan (D-ND), Yea

Ohio:

DeWine (R-OH), Yea

Voinovich (R-OH), Yea

Oklahoma:

Inhofe (R-OK), Nay

Nickles (R-OK), Nay

Oregon:

Smith (R-OR), Yea

Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Pennsylvania:

Santorum (R-PA), Nay

Specter (R-PA), Nay

Rhode Island:

Chafee (R-RI), Yea

Reed (D-RI), Yea

South Carolina:

Graham (R-SC), Nay

Hollings (D-SC), Yea

South Dakota:

Daschle (D-SD), Yea

Johnson (D-SD), Not Voting

Tennessee:

Alexander (R-TN), Nay

Frist (R-TN), Nay

Texas:

Cornyn (R-TX), Nay

Hutchison (R-TX), Nay

Utah:

Bennett (R-UT), Nay

Hatch (R-UT), Nay

Vermont:

Jeffords (I-VT), Yea

Leahy (D-VT), Yea

Virginia:

Allen (R-VA), Nay

Warner (R-VA), Yea

Washington:

Cantwell (D-WA), Yea

Murray (D-WA), Yea

West Virginia:

Byrd (D-WV), Yea

Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea

Wisconsin:

Feingold (D-WI), Nay

Kohl (D-WI), Yea

Wyoming:

Enzi (R-WY), Nay

Thomas (R-WY), Nay

http://www.awbansunset.com

Lionhart; This last post of yours should be glued to the top of this whole site, up there where Nick has the permanent info at; So we all can see for each state how each senator voted, and remember for next time......We will remember, some of them want us to forget, come November..........jw

I'll be da-ned. The New Yorker from Minnesota voted nay.

Sadly, there seems a very clear division in states, and it would seem along rural versus urban lines.

I wonder how long Feinstein would last on these high plains where 30 miles is nothing and nature doesn't care about race, creed, politics or gender or religion....

Beauty is never so poignant as when its raiments offer no security. You'd think some people would want to live forever in a zoo from the asinine fearful laws they try to pass. And that would be a non partisan statement.

T