Bridgeport 1928 Ac

I looked at a Bridgeport 1928 AC it has a smooth barrel,comp,hor. front grip and a "L" sight on it. It has no military marks on the gun. The gun is @ 85% original finish, what would be a fair price for the gun,sorry no pictures.

Thanks

Shane

What is this?

It's an Auto-Ordnance manufactured late model surplus 1928A1 Thompson that was sold at the end and post WWII to law enforcement agencies. Frank Iannamico, in his book, speculates that these were most likely put together from existing spare parts after the production of the 1928A1 Thompson was ended in 1942. All the examples with the 1 ground offf and a C stamped in its place seem to be Auto-Ordnance manufactured guns (as opposed to Savage).

By the way, all Auto-Ordnance manufactured 1928A1's were made at the Bridgeport, CT plant. So referring to AO WWII made guns as Bridgeports is somewhat redundant. Where else would they have been made? I never hear early Savage made guns referred to as New Yorks, just Bridgeports. Early Savage made guns had the New York Auto-Ordnance address which was then changed to Bridgeport, CT when Auto-Ordnance opened their own production facility. Savage made guns were never made in Bridgeport, CT anyway. I guess they should be referred to as 1928 or 1928A1 Uticas.

I just never understood referring to WWII production Thompsons as Bridgeports.