Good News From Maryland Today!

All:

A pretty good day in the Peoples Republic of Maryland:

1) One of our state delegates from a pretty liberal part of the state decided to vote AGAINST new legislation as the tie breaker! This would have banned "assault type weapons" that some pencil necks decided to consider "dangerous" because they looked "dangerous". This would have prevented even the sale of Kahr semi automatic M1's in my region. Way to go! I actually cheered when I heard this.

Story here

2) Made the deal on my new 1928 West Hurley and started the paperwork today! I guess its time to kick in some money to this fine site.

Now if we can get that other pesky law sunsetted, we are in good shape.

Happy day, time to have a can of beer.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

Very true.

I knew that Mr. Giannetti was a Democrat from a pretty liberal section of the state (PG county). I was even more surprised when I heard the statement today. Pretty good stuff.

Unfortunately, my state senators are going to be impossible to crack in my opinion. Both "Babs" Mikulski and Paul "Rip van" Sarbanes are career politicians who cater to the gun control lobby. They know how I feel and I don't think they much care. They have never received my vote nor will they ever.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris

I grew up in ol' Montgomery County. What a bunch of asshole liberals. Baltimore is not a lot better, but once you get away from PG, Montomery counties and Baltimore City, Maryland is not at all liberal. But, those three areas form a lot of the population and DC Chris is right- our US senators are real pieces of, well...