Phila Ordnance M1928, M1928A1 Full Auto Blank Gun

I expect to have the M1928/A1 blank guns ready by the middle of September.

To order I need your name, address, phone, etc. and the configuration of gun you

want. When i am ready to ship I will contact you and we can complete the order. I have

some of you already on my list but it can't hurt to double check. You can send me a

PM or email me at Philaord@aol.com or call 215-576-0259.

The gun is identical to an original gun except that it is an ATF approved non-firearm which

feeds, fires, and ejects brass crimp blanks semi and full auto like an original gun. The M1A1

model of the blank gun has been posted and discussed here previously.

I am offering M1928/A1 upper receiver assemblies for those that have a complete parts set which

they can use to finish the gun, and also complete guns.

The receiver assemblies have blanchard ground surfaces and are assembled with finned barrels

with compensators, grip mount, and complete bolt and buffer assembly. The receivers have the

patent number block, are marked Philadelphia Ordnance on the right side. The left side has

generic markings. The compensators are unmarked.

The receivers are drilled and tapped for rear sight screws so you can fit your own sight.

Like the M1A1 the M1928/A1 uses .45 caliber brass crimp blanks which are 50 cents

each and are packed in 200 rd. boxes.

Here are the configurations available:

Stripped barreled receiver assembly no rear sight. - $1995

(to complete this assembly you need forend and screw, ejector, rear sight (screws are provided)

frame latch and spring, trigger frame and buttstock assy.

Complete barreled receiver assembly with repro fixed L sight - $2125

(this includes all of the small parts listed above with a repro stamped L sight fitted - to finish

you need trigger frame and buttstock assy.)

Complete barreled receiver assembly with repro adjustable rear sight - $2275

(same as above but with the rear sight as found on the semi auto)

Complete barreled receiver assembly with original Lyman 55B rear sight - $2475

(same as above but with Lyman 55B sight)

Complete guns assembled original trig frame and buttstock in VG-EXC condition

M1928A1 with fixed L rear sight - $3300

M1928A1 with repro adjustable rear sight - $3450

M1928A1 with Lyman 55B sight - $3650

Guns come with either a 20 or 30 rd. mag.

Prices do not include shipping and insurance.

Prices are subject to change as original Thompson parts are fading fast.

Bob Bower/Phila Ordnance

Philaord@aol.com

215-576-0259

IMG_8476.JPG

IMG_8477.JPG

IMG_8478.JPG

IMG_8359.JPG

Please spread the word. I post here first because this is where the Thompson guys

are and these are an alternative for someone who wants a Thompson but who may not

have the money for a real one (like me) or who may live in a no-MG state.

But the real audience for these is the battle re-enactors because these have obvious

advantages over real guns. You are not putting your expensive original gun at risk and

you don't to worry about paperwork and security of a real gun. You can easily travel to

events out of state, etc.

Bob

Please spread the word. I post here first because this is where the Thompson guys

are and these are an alternative for someone who wants a Thompson but who may not

have the money for a real one (like me) or who may live in a no-MG state.

But the real audience for these is the battle re-enactors because these have obvious

advantages over real guns. You are not putting your expensive original gun at risk and

you don't to worry about paperwork and security of a real gun. You can easily travel to

events out of state, etc.

Bob

It shall be done.

For those oppressed in the land of the damned (i.e. California), does your non-gun come with non-magazines, or would it be sold to them w/o mags and the inmates are on their own for acquiring "feeding devices"? (That's the state's nomenclature.)

Guns shipped to states with hi capacity magazine bans are shipped without

a magazine, although I just saw a 30-rd mag with a pop rivet blocking it to 10 rds.

I don't know if this is an approved modification or wishful thinking on the part of

the owner.

Bob

It's my understanding that it's wishful thinking. It used to be OK, but yet another law was passed maintaining that future mags must be manufactured short, not modified long ones.

Californians who bought any magazines or drums prior to the state ban (1989) can keep them. Does your '28 take regular old GI mags or do they have to be modified like the Kahr Arms 1927A1 or is it a proprietary magazine that fits only your product?

The specs give the rate of fire as equal to a 1928. Will a 21 style actuator /spring /buffer work in the gun as well ? Just wondering if it would work at the higher ROF.

so are the blanks 45 acp that are readly available from atlantic wall also? the reason I ask is I have a couple thousand of those if not more I bought for my m1a1 and 28 semi. btw your short blank barrels work great in both of mine now im seriously considering your 28 FA. it would be much more fun at a battle. last spring I got to shoot one of your FA blank m1a1s ran like a top!!!

Bob, I am quite interested, impressed, intrigued, Lets start with the blanks, I did a search and didn't find any cheaper than you offer. Somewhere down the road you may not offer these rounds, Will any .45 acp blank work with this edition, or only exclusively with your rounds? i think I know the answer but would rather you verify. Thanks.

So to be clear, does the 1928 blank gun use a 1928 lower or an m1 lower?

The 28 uses a 28 lower and his M1 uses a M1 lower. If I'm not mistaken Bob uses original lowers on most if not all of his blank guns.

Definitely on my list of things to eventually get.

Andrew

Answers to questions -

The M1A1 uses either original or trigger frames made by us to ordnance specs.

The M1928A1 uses original trigger frames.

Regarding the blanks, when I designed the gun I wanted to make sure that the ATf approved

it. After meeting with them I learned that one of the big things they look out for on something like

this is safety as much as whether or not the blank gun can be converted to shoot live ammo. For

this reason I designed a blank with a slightly smaller rim so the gun would not fire live ammo. The

standard rim will not fit into the bolt face and will not contact the firing pin. This also means that the

gun will not fire blanks which use a standard .45 ACP rim.

Time has passed and now there is a manufacturer making a blank gun which uses a standard

.45 blank and I have petitioned the ATF to allow the use of a standard size blank.

In the meantime we have the blanks designed for the gun available.

Bob

Edited by reconbob