Has anyone used Silencer Shop for their transfers?

Thompsonlover

I recently purchased a AOW shotgun from Spiwak and the dealer who is holding the gun recommended Silencer Shop for the transfer. I am in the process of using their service and I find it pretty easy to use. They file your Form 4 electronically. They make the process easier. There is no need to purchase passport photos or go to a police station and pay to have your fingerprints taken. They have kiosks at locations were you can scan your prints and send them. I took a picture of myself from my phone and uploaded it to their site. They charge $25 for an individual. You can also purchase a trust single use for $25 (on sale) or other trusts for $129. I'm not sure if these trust prices are good as I have never used a trust. I spoke to someone at the company and he said waits are averaging 6 months now and come January he said the AFT will be pushing for 90 day transfers. Here is their website if anyone's interested: https://www.silencershop.com/

As soon as I can get some pics of the shotgun, I want to post some here for opinions on the condition.I know this is the Thompson board but I think its relevant. I have spoken up for him in the past on my one dealing with him but now I see how some people were upset on how he rates the condition on some of the guns he sells.

I just did a silencer Shop transfer at my local gun shop. Doing the fingerprints was a little tedious it me about 30 trys on my left pinkie to get an ok print. I dont think they are doing electronic transfers right now it was suspended by the ATF in April. From what i understand the silencer Shop prints out all of the forms and actually mails them in just like we have always done. They are batched and mailed out weekly. The only thing imo that makes it convenient right now is all of my info is in the system and any other guns i have coming in (i have one) will get processed without me even going into the gun shop. The store will call me for a cc to pay the tax stamp and fee. Just my 2cents Edited by Petroleum 1

• 11 months later...

My SOT converted from paper to a SilencerShop kiosk, which I used for the transfer of my 1921 Thompson. Getting fingerprints took multiple tries; the store employee said that skin moisturizer helped. Each print is scored; most of mine were excellent, a few were good, some were Fair. Hopefully that won't cause a delay. Got the ATF 'check cashed' email a month after the transfer.

My worry is having my fingerprints in the cryosphere. With all the hacks and misidentification, who knows where they, and all the other transfer information will end up? My distrust of digital tech is deep; I drive a pre-connected vehicle, only use a wired Mac for financials, and keep my phone if an RFI-blocking case. Going forward, I'll transfer to myself (once the 03 FFL arrives), or find a hardcopy SOT. Of course, one could argue that the horse has left the barn, so to speak.