I am surprise that the Class 3 guns are not being attacked

Paladin601

make that man President so we can vote for him

So what can an 18-20yr old get to protection themselves? If its nothing isnt that opening the state up to a law suit?

Edited by Speeddemon02

We need someone like him here in Florida. Our Republican leadership threw those 18 to 21 years old under the bus. The Republicans have taken the path of appeasement here in Florida, and have lost their backbone to stand up for law abiding citizens. Trump didn't help with his rambling anti-gun suggestions at the recent White House "bi-partisan" meeting. The Republicans have lost their bearings here in Florida, at the present time.

They keep saying "they had to do something." They narrowed the teachers who could participate and reportedly talked to the Governor's staff about it, in an apparent effort to pacify the Governor. I think he'll sign it.

A friend of mine has long addressed the "we have to do something." He said a good example is if you see a drowning man throw him a cinder block. That would be "doing something." Just not what is needed to solve the problem.

if he signs it the people of FL have no pro gun candidate to vote for

i look at my local high school...they are tossing millions into it redoing it....they cant afford to hire (3) ex police officers, trained for this situation to walk the halls with AR15's?....end the gun free zone....we make our airports safe, but our children get 0 security....metal detectors, 1 way in....3 armed guards....how much would that really cost??....smaller schools give them 1 or 2 guys....no handguns....give them AR's...train them in school shooter tactics...they can afford millions per school to redo them, but not $200,000 a year to secure them.....we all know this would solve the problem 99%...no kid is going into a school to shoot others against a superior force.....yet we do nothing....some pass laws that have nothing to do with school shooters......and when it happens again? pass more laws.....the left has to be put in their place by the republicans with the truth......but in FL the repubs are now part of the problem.....

The stupid thing is, is that everyone on the left thinks that any/all teachers will basically be handed out guns. They should make it easier however for the teachers who already are pro gun/have a CCW permit and are willing to take on the responsibility of carrying in a school. End the gun free zones. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it is proven that there is much less of a chance of a robbery or shooting to take place when there is the possibility of a responsibly armed citizen being near.

Andrew

the left will never acknowledge that guns actually solve the problem.....in their reality thats not possible...guns are the problem, more guns isnt a solution..

you will never get them to see it........death= more gun control..........they dont care about solving the problem

if he signs it the people of FL have no pro gun candidate to vote for

Governor Scott is widely believed to be running for US Senate against anti-gun Senator Bill Nelson. His actions to sign this bill could well spell doom for his senate candidacy. Many law-abiding Floridians will not forgive him, and will just abstain from that vote. If you want the pro-gun 2nd Amendment vote you have to stand up for law-abiding citizens, and bottom line is his actions were an act of appeasement in an election year.

So what can an 18-20yr old get to protection themselves? If its nothing isnt that opening the state up to a law suit?

I was wondering about any previous lawsuits restricting the age for handgun purchases to 21, and saw this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/03/10/nra-sues-florida-over-plan-to-put-age-limits-on-rifle-purchases/?utm_term=.e4578a0916d0

There is some background information on the federal age limit of 21 for handgun purchases as well as other attempts to restrict gun rights.

I wonder if the current make-up of the USSC could become a factor, with the most recent Justice Neil Gorsuch being pro-2nd Amendment.

• 3 weeks later...