Smith & Wesson Model 76

I have just gotten started in collecting Machine Guns. I currently have a 1943 Resing Model 50 and a 1942 Thompson M1 I am interested in getting a S&W Model 76 next for my collection. Does anyone one here have any infromation on these SMG.

William

Edited by wcwarren

They are great guns, I love mine and have had it for awhile. One of the issues is parts. Not as many parts out there as there used to be. The MK760 is also a good gun but not all parts are interchangeable.

Good luck. Recommend getting a suppressor for it as well.

here is a link to a video that was done sometime back.

Enjoy!!

Sandman1957

Check out: http://www.jmbdistribution.com/class3_guns_forsale.htm

Jim Burgess makes an interesting clone of the 76 with a few upgrades to the original design.

He uses registered Stemple 76/45 tubes but the guns are 9mm just like the originals

His guns use unmodified Suomi 31/Swedish K 36 round mags

He's only got a few left though

I agree with Sandman, fun to shoot especially w/ an integral suppressor. BWE out of FL sells replacement parts, Ive purchased springs from him. The owner has in the past been quick to respond to emails. His extractors have been back ordered for a while on his web site, and in fairness I havent contacted him to to see if/when theyd be avail again

https://bwefirearms.com/

Andy

• 1 month later...

Love mine also. Note that there was a huge depletion in the number of existing M76's as they were destroyed when the twin towers collapsed. NYC stored several hundred in the basement!

BWE is a good source, as is Scott Andrey (SAMmachines.com). He is slow, but makes excellent replacement bolts, barrels and other parts. I would strongly recommend you place a thin rubber buffer on the recoil spring guide to prevent possible weld breaks.

Love mine also. Note that there was a huge depletion in the number of existing M76's as they were destroyed when the twin towers collapsed. NYC stored several hundred in the basement!

BWE is a good source, as is Scott Andrey (SAMmachines.com). He is slow, but makes excellent replacement bolts, barrels and other parts. I would strongly recommend you place a thin rubber buffer on the recoil spring guide to prevent possible weld breaks.

Scott Scott Andrey is apparently out of business. He no longer responds to email or snail mail.

FWIW The Burgess guns have an integral buffer built into the recoil spring guide to prevent breakage

Ditto on Scott Andrey, I’ve tried for the past several years to get a suppressor adapter made he only took my info from me a year or two ago, and never heard back. Too bad, he did quality work on some things that you cannot get elsewhere.

Well, I spoke with him personally three days ago, and he is working to complete a M76 5" threaded bull barrel for me. He indicated that he just received a limited supply of barrel blanks and would have the unit to me prior to Christmas.

So, that's the story for now. Let's see if it gets delivered. I bet so. Everything else I have purchased from him has made it...

smallarmsreview.com

All about the Model '76 and its clones MK760 subguns and semi-autos, mags, parts etc. There is also a chapter on the Swedish-K.

Frank, is it possible to get a copy of this book directly from you, inscribed?

• 3 weeks later...