New Auto-Ordnance Corporation Book

A new Thompson Submachine gun book!!

I've been working on this project for a quite a while. It started out being a collection of Auto-Ordnance Corporation (AOC), Bridgeport articles

and pictures from several local newspaper sources. That research entailed combing through miles of un-indexed microfilm at the Bridgeport

Public Library's Bridgeport History Center for almost 20 years. The volume of information continued to grow and included input from other

unique sources. Some extraordinary contributions came from Tom Davis through the Maguire and Willis families. Finally, talking with people

who actually worked at the AOC Bridgeport plant or a surviving relative, allowed a different focus than just vintage print and photos.

This is a close-up look at the Auto-Ordnance Corporation factory throughout World War II and shortly thereafter. I hope that you enjoy the book.

---Bill Menosky

www.aocbridgeportetc.com

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/rw50/AOC%20Book/aoc%20board%20opening%20ad.jpg

www.aocbridgeportetc.com

Edited by aut-ord-co

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill, congratulation on your book. Is it possible to have the book signed by you that I just ordered ?

Looking forward to reading about the WW2 AOC and learning more about the people that manufactured my Auto-Ordnance Bridgeport plant 1928A1.

Sincerely,

Ross Opsahl

Minnesota

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

I have always wanted to know more about the Bridgeport plant and operations.

Oh, mine is ordered. Would you mind signing mine if you can please.

IMG_0185.JPG

Edited by full auto 45

Bill,

Congrats on your book, I know it will be great.

Everything you do is first class, I just placed an order for it.

If you could sign it,,it would be great!

Thanks,

Darryl

Bill, I ordered one too. Please sign it also. I have authored a few books myself and know how exciting it is to finally have it finished and to start selling copies. I have some questions about who did your printing etc. I will PM you if you don't mind.

Thanks Keith

Hi Bill, Congrats on the book. I met with Romano over this past weekend at the PA gun show in Oaks PA and him and I talked on Thompson's and what you were doing about the Bridgeport plant information.. How can I order some books from you?. Send me an email to richardgarcia@sympatico.ca

Thanks,

Richard

I will order your book right after this post. If you please, will you sign mine also. Thank you !! Charlie Brown

Tried to order. I don't have pay pal. Can you send me an address to send a ck/mo to you ?

1234bird@frontiernet.net

Edited by wv1928

I look forward to receiving my copy also. Just sent the order in and would like it signed too.

By the time I get all these new books in Canada I'll have more invested in them than my first Thompson!

Edited by canuck

Just got it. Great read! I can see the passion you have for it! Excellent job!

Bill

Got my signed copy this PM.

I started reading as soon as it was out of the package. This is a fun read and great insight as to the workings of the plant. I like the different insight you get on Maguire that other books don't give.

Thanks for this writing this book.

Frank