New Auto-Ordnance Corporation Book

Dixie TriggerMan

Many thanks for the kind comments.

As you said, these WWII cities and towns were the backbone of the nation's war supply. Bridgeport also had, among many more plants, Remington Arms which manufactured a staggering amount of ammunition and General Electric which made bazookas, heated flight suits, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wwl

I received a new order last night just after midnight and all seem to be ok.

I went through an order buy myself to check it out (Saturday 8:01AM, 6/6/15) and all seemed fine.

Sorry you're having trouble. I've had some mail order buys if you want to go that route.

Send PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Another great Thompson book that deserves another round at the top of the Board. This is a must have for your Thompson library.

Did you know Auto-Ordnance Corporation Vice-President Frederic Willis was Russell Maguire's best man at his 1942 wedding? I didn't either...until I read Bill's book!

Bill was kind enough to send me an signed copy before Christmas that I only had a chance to briefly thumb through. So looking forward to getting back to the UK tomorrow to read through it in more detail, together with a copy of 'American Thunder III', which should be on its way to my address in the UK.

So plenty of reading ahead for me.

Stay safe

Richard

• 5 months later...

I was looking at this book last night. It deserves another bump to the top for our new Board members.

A must have for every Thompson enthusiast!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Since I'm old and slow, (lol) I'm taking my cue from Tom and bumping this back to the top. I have several copies available of "The Auto-Ordnance Corporation: The People - Who They Were, Where They Worked, What They Made" .

The website to order from is: aocbridgeportetc.com

The cost is $49.95 plus shipping. Again, they make good Christmas gifts when it's hard to find something different for the Thompson collector or WWII history buff.

• 1 year later...

We have many new Board members since this thread about Bill's book has been to the top of the Board. There are not many informative books about the Auto-Ordnance Corporation based on new research with never before published information. Put this book at the top of the list - a great addition to any library! If you're looking for a new Thompson book, give this one a review at Bill's website. You will not be disappointed.

• 7 months later...