SAR Show 2019

Almost same spot 20th year there Will have 50 cal on display and for sale and a bulgy AK new in box.And who knows what else. Will spend more time looking and walking. and less time sitting behind a freaking table bored out of my Mind. Hopefully this year something good. since last five years. Nothing much. Half a century going to gun shows you don't miss much or just about seen it all.

RON K.

I do miss Old friends who are no longer with us.

• Upvote 1

I really hate asking stupid questions but I will...Im coming from Oro Valley about 90 minutes south of Phoenix. Is the trip worth it? I am not that interested in any of the other firearms except for Thompsons at the show, especially Colts. Im looking to network some more and talk about purchasing in the future. Please be honest, would it be worth the trip up? Or will it be a small display consisting of a Savage gun? Ill also only be able to attend on Friday. Please let me know of any atmospherics on the show you can provide. Thanks in advance.

Sub man the show is worth to go if you have never been. The SAR building will have it all just don't think only Thompsons I have had the enjoyment with those but also bought and had everything else.So worth even one day there however you will probably spend 8 hours alone just covering the Yellow SAR building.And you can fill in the Thompson Books info and brochures.

My rant was going to shows for 50 years and 20 years there. Even if you go to a bunny ranch after ten times or maybe five you have seen it all. But you have to go at least once to check it out...Probably a poor analogy but that is all i got ha ha Ron

Yes, to everyone. This is a show to go to. The yellow SAR building is a treasure trove of items. The rest of the show is several buildings and setups outside.

Outside of the SAR building is a few picnic tables and some concessions. Let's meet out there at say, 11:30 on Friday? That will avoid some of the lunch crowds. I usually have on a flowered Hawaiian shirt and a grey Steeldrivers hat.

I will be there and look forward to putting a face with a name. Never have been so any intel on the best way of spending my time? Need to pick up some XX Thompson shooter magazines and who knows what else? Will swing by the APEX table and say “hi” to Richard. Sounds like Mike is making the Rally Point for 11:30 Friday at the picnic tables...

Looking forward to the show!

Alice and I will stop by at that time too.....not sure which end of the building the tables are at as we haven't been there since 2008 or so but we'll find y'all.

I'll be wearing a gray Cabela's cap

We're staying at the Quality Inn Airport.

john

Wow most enthusiasm i have seen for this show here in years,Or at least posted here,And the midwest guys can travel to Scottsdale for some sliders later.Hopefully you all find what you want at the show.

RON

Here in Phoenix and the weather is gorgeous!

Haven't been here in awhile and wondering if anything at the fairgrounds has changed?

Best parking and entrance to use? Any parking tips?

Show starts tomorrow at 11......not sure when they'll open the gates but if they start letting us allin at 11 it might be tight to get over to the meeting at 11:30 to see y'all.

Will do the best we can!

One thing to note!!! Get in the right line to get a ticket first! Then get in the line to go through the gate with the ticket you purchased. There are two lines! I stood in line a long time then realized that was the line to go through the gate with a ticket. Had to go get in ticket line then back to gate line to get in!

I went to that show 2016 and 2017, my brother lives about 7 miles from it, so made it real randy to go! The whole show is incredible you will see things you don't see every day! The SAR building is awesome, and a must see! Enjoy

Stamcollector

Edited by Stampcollector

Well another SAR show down in flames. I classified it as the worse. 50 cal went home and so did the AK... but business cards moved out real well haha. Everybody have a good 2020 when it gets here. see ya RON