Where to find EZ pull spring kit?

Is there anyone else who sells the EZ pull spring kit, besides TG?

Most of the posts about these kits are pretty old. Are these still highly regarded and being used?

After all of this time are there any reports of negatives to the operation of the guns with these spring kits?

I was able to get a set from deerslayer early this year.

Some knowledge he gave me about them is that if your gun has a few hundred rounds through it you you should be fine to drop them in and run with it. If your gun is new you will need to pull the firing pin from the bolt and polish the sides and also polish the slot in the bolt where the firing pin goes. It also doesn't hurt to polish the surfaces where the bolt and lower frame run on each other. With the lighter springs the smoother surfaces will assure that it still runs as it should.

I've never heard of any negatives from running the EZ-Pulls and my hands thank me every time I rack my charging handle.

My 2 ¢..

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

You better think twice before dealing with this guy!

Getting a refund from is like pulling teeth! I've been talking to him via emails and phone calls for two months now. He always tells me "it is on the way", and I haven't received my money to date. What a liar he is!

PM me and I will give you the entire history of this nightmare.

The person I'm talking about is ; Damon from tommygunner.com

Edited by acep51

Getting a refund from is like pulling teeth! I've been talking to him via emails and phone calls for two months now. He always tells me "it is on the way", and I haven't received my money to date. What a liar he is!

If by "this guy" you mean deerslayer (Dan Block) I think you need to explain a little better than some general slander. He's a very respected member here and has dealt with dozens if not hundreds of guys. Including myself.

If your dealing with mail things do get really slow if you if you are using standard delivery. I had a guys check take 2+ weeks to get to me for a mag loader.

My 2¢

Edited by 06AngusSG

If by "this guy" you mean deerslayer (Dan Block) I think you need to explain a little better than some general slander. He's a very respected member here and has dealt with dozens if not hundreds of guys. Including myself.

If your dealing with mail things do get really slow if you if you are using standard delivery. I had a guys check 2+ weeks to get to me for a mag loader.

My 2¢

Yeah, "this guy" is vague since, to the best of my knowledge, at least three separate entities/people have sold so-called "EZ pull" Thompson kits. Of which kits, there were at least two versions.

I've bought many items from Dan Block over the years. He's always went above

and beyond to fulfill the orders and always did great work as well.

Sounds like you've got the wrong guy!

Darryl

Dan Block is first class. I've deal with him on several occasions and always done what he said he would do. Before I found this forum l dealt with Tommygunner and he is one l wouldn't recommend. I'll leave it at that.

Frank

Man that is from left field. Great experience with Dan

Dan Block is great.

I'm talking about : tommygunner.com his name is Damon and operates out of NY. This guy is BAD to buy from!

I sent him a check for $105.00 in August for his EZ Pull Spring Kit for my Tommy1927a1. He calls me on August 27,15 and tells me it is not in stock. I said your web site shows it in stock, he told me will not get them in until November. I told him to return my check for $105.00 because I will not wait that long. He said he would tear it up so I agreed to that. On September 1,15 I noticed from my bank statement that he cashed my check! I called him about doing that and he said,"it must have slipped through my shop". I asked for my refund again. He agreed to send it to me, and this has been going on and on and on... since then and I still don't have my money back!

This person is NO GOOD to deal with!!!!!

Edited by acep51

Thank you for clarifying. Whether it's Dan, Damon or whoever, it's better that we know who and what you are talking about so there is no confusion as to what you are saying.

I'm sorry for what you're going through with Tommygunner. I have no experience with Damon. Just know what I've read here in the boards about him. Mixed experience from what I've seen. I would say to keep just keep trying. Hopefully you can get your $ back.

Jon

The person(who is no doubt Damon) who lives at that NY address he uses for Tommgunner.com is George Damon Gulick.

I now filed cases with the BBB, Federal Trade Commission, US Postal Inspector Service, and Philadelphia news station that investigate customer fraud. The FBI has their IC3 group that you can file a case with over the web to but I'm holding off on them for now. I'm a senior and I DON'T like when people think they can walk over us. I never meet a person in our gun community that has ever treated a fellow shooter like this.

This Damon is no good and if he wishes to steal my money I'm going to rain on his parade!

I received the check today,Nov.2,15 for the $105.00.

Edited by acep51

Do the EZ pull springs increase wear on the gun?

I might be concerned if (a) I did not include the urethane buffer that comes with the kits that are now sold or (B) if the reduced spring force kit was installed in an aluminum upper receiver (i.e., "light" version) whether or not the urethane buffer was used.

Edited by Merry Ploughboy

Yes they can be put in, has anyone done a metallurgical test on aluminum receivers after 10,000 rounds with an EZ Pull spring kit installed? Not that I'm aware of. Just put the buffer on the front side of the spring pilot facing the bolt. For some reason I see people placing it against the back of the receiver TSMG style.

Question. Since these EZ-spring kits are so hard to find and buy, why doesn't someone who owns a kit list the spring specs? "Specs" meaning; wire diameter, outside diameter of coils, spring lengths thickness of urethane buffer,etc.

Best regards,

CJR