Anyone Know What Year ATF Required Widened Op-Rod Channel?

winbar

Does anyone know what year ATF required that new mfg receivers needed a widened op-rod channel(to eliminate use of the full-auto connector)?

I bought a Hahn Machine semi-auto receiver in April 1994 and a few years later bought an Armscorp semi receiver that had the widened channel.

Thanks,

Doug

Don't know about widened op rod channels, but had thought that the BATF does not allow the production of receivers that have the disassembly notch normally filled by the disconnector when the rifle is assembled, or any receiver to which a disconnector could be mounted.

TSMGguy,

If you look at some of the other M14 threads, you will see that Hagar is the owner/inventor of a post-sample drop-in M14 auto selector assembly. Unless he made a highly altered connector assembly, he at least removed the auto-connector's nipple so it will work with earlier (non-widened) receivers that have a Garand style op-rod dismount notch. Apparently, people were illegally doing something similar in the early 1990's, prompting ATF or conscientious MFG'rs to widen the receiver to make conversions impossible. Hence,the reason for my question.

Thanks,

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

TSMGguy,

If you look at some of the other M14 threads, you will see that Hagar is the owner/inventor of a post-sample drop-in M14 auto selector assembly. Unless he made a highly altered connector assembly, he at least removed the auto-connector's nipple so it will work with earlier (non-widened) receivers that have a Garand style op-rod dismount notch. Apparently, people were illegally doing something similar in the early 1990's, prompting ATF or conscientious MFG'rs to widen the receiver to make conversions impossible. Hence,the reason for my question.

Thanks,

Doug

I have a LRB receiver that is only two years old or so and the receiver width next to the the op rod channel is not as wide as other manufacturers receivers I have seen. I have a "hawks" button dummy kit with a connector assembly and I only needed to take the protruding tab off the connector assembly. The "tab" on the connector assembly is the tab that would be located on a full auto M14 receiver where the op rod take down "notch" is located.

Don't know if ATF ever had regulations other than the op rod dismount notch location.

Ross

Edited by Bridgeport28A1