"l" Seymour Drum

Was in Ky at the gun show and saw a guy with a "L" Westy Hurley drum for $750. Not bad shape but had been fired in a semi auto gun, which he had also. He told me he would take $700 for it. I passed, got 2 already. A few rows over I saw a dealer I bought the Crosby and Bridgeport from last year or so ago, he had this nifty little drum about half covered up in a show case. Well the Thompson radar was on high alert, so I meander over to it. I take it out and look at it and find it's a dirty little Seymour "L" drum in about 75% condition. No pits and a little surface rust on the inside of the back half. He wants $750 for it. He talks, I bullshit, I end up with it for $600. I didn't think that was too bad for another drum for the collection.

I also talked to a guy in Ky about a WH 1928. It was a later gun, one of 176 made in 1983. It was #2185 or 2183 I can't recall. It was in I would say 98+%. I saw no marks on the wood or the metal. He said he hadn't shot it, but I couldn't see any marks that would tell he had. He wants $9500 for it. I'm going to call him and see what I can work it down to. My luck as soon as I work a buy it now price with him, the others I have been working on will come around.

I can see my banker now, " You need to refi your house again to buy what!!??" I say, "That's right, just shut up and give me the money." http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

Mike,

Sounds like a great weekend! That's exactly how I was able to expand my Thompson & BAR collection; refinance the house. I did it a couple of years ago and I don't regret it at all considering how much everything has jumped skyward in the past couple of years.

Looking forward to seeing you at the SAR Show in Phoenix this December!

Best Regards

Randy