Thompson manuals-which one is this?

I acquired a pair of these today. They are undoubtedly original because I also have had sight of the 1921s they came with.

I am not too familiar with the Thomson paperwork and I have lost my copy of Dalbert's excellent guide. Can anyone identify this for me and give me an approximate value? Condition on them is fair to good, with some wear but generally intact.

http://a66.tinypic.com/2rdwzmg.jpg

I'll give you my autographed copy of Dalbert and Sigs work for this two ratty manuals.

Congrats you just located a pair of hens teeth.

Include photos of the inside cover page and the back cover and someone can chime in on the edition. If either are second editions, I know two forum members actively looking

The 1921 handbook is not the rarest of Colt era paper, but these don't show up very often.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Thanks for the input. I would have liked to have sold it here but I am committed to the department that gave them to me to try to maximize what they can get out of it. I will link to the auction.

In the bundle also came a Mills canvas case, and when I looked inside the pocket I found a Mills spare parts case! Which will also be listed. The provenance on these is impeccable, they have been in the hands of the same department since their purchase from Auto Ordnance 80+ years ago.

Again apologies as I'd much prefer our resident RKIs to get these but I'm only an agent here.

Edited by philasteen

I will list one of them by the end of the weekend. There are two of them and one is in noticeably better condition than the other. That will be the first one I will list. I will also post a photo of the second one here so you guys can get a chance to figure out which one you want to take a shot at.

For the benefit of board members a bit of information to identify between 2nd and 3rd Edition of 1921 Handbooks.

The 2nd Edition has 60 pages, while the 3rd Edition has 50.

The printer reference shown in this photo appears only in the 2nd Edition not the 3rd Edition.

Since I am traveling and do not have access to my own research materials.

Kudos to TD who helped me remember those fuzzy details that David and I collected and memorialized in our book in a table I made on these handbooks, that was over 10 years ago, nearly eleven.

http://a64.tinypic.com/2z6f87k.jpg

• Upvote 1

A thread about the book referenced by SIG, above, authored by Board Owner David Albert and SIG can be found in the below thread. I know David has a few copies remaining of the 1st Edition, 2nd Printing. This is a great reference guide for Thompson paper items and a must have for all Thompson enthusiasts. I suggest everyone obtain a copy while still available. David has told me several times there will not be a 3rd Printing. I predict 3 years from now you will see copies selling on ebay for $100 plus.

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9670

• Upvote 1