Where to get dummy barrel?

I find myself in the odd position of building a dummy but instead of needing the receiver to be a dummy I need the barrel and bolt to be non-functional.

The reason is that the build will be on a live 1921 Colt receiver. The gun in question is a Form 10 gun and has been stripped. The Department that owns would like to put it on display as it has a quite interesting history behind it. But to avoid any risk that may arise if the gun is stolen it has to be non-functional, which means a plugged barrel and a dummy bolt but one that actuates. I also wouldn't mind getting ahold of a dummy L drum, if there is such a thing. More likely I will be a WH drum for the display.

Any thoughts on sources? I figure I will use a standard 1928 lower and wood set to complete the dummy.

As far as a dummy L drum, I believe an MGC drum would work. I see them on Gunbroker from time to time.

I'd heard that the later ones were actually WH but you hear all kinds of things as we know.

As far as a dummy L drum, I believe an MGC drum would work. I see them on Gunbroker from time to time.

I'd heard that the later ones were actually WH but you hear all kinds of things as we know.

It's the other way around, West Hurley 39 round drums started life as MGC drums.

Ron