Colt 1921a At Autoweapons.com

What condition would this be considered to be in? 90%? or ? What With the stock and the pistol grip being crudely carved upon like that? What does everyone think? http://www.autoweapons.com/photosn/photosm...4/128thomp.html

This is another example of dealer greed. Any time a dealer is affraid to put prices on a product on the net, you should run away from them. This knot head wants $13,000 for a freaking WH Thompson! I would just bet his price is about $30k for a 75% gun. This kind of dealer is why FA prices are nuts. Bad thing is, some unknowing doctor or lawyer with $$$ will pick it up because is kool to have one.

full auto--

That is exactly what I was thinking. I saw those prices on the WH and had to look twice. That represents about a $5000 increase in one year. Maybe eventually these overpriced pieces will sell, but for now they seem to be just sitting there. Unfortunately, my salary is not keeping up with the inflation of these prices and soon I will be priced out from owning anymore. I'm glad I got a Savage when I could.

Tman,

He edits it out, and does a good job.

Several months ago, he had another 21 listed and he edited the serial number; all but the first number, the number "7". Many of us were wondering how he had a 21 with the serial number 7. Upon closer examination, you could see the rest of the number was blurred out.

I don't understand why people cover up the serial numbers of registered NFA weapons. There is no doubt who the owner is (see ATF form 4 http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif )

Not long ago I e-mailed this company to get the prices of their Colt Thompsons. I also asked for a complete serial number on the one Colt Thompson I was especially interested in. I received a prompt e-mail reply that the price of the 1921AC was $24,900 and "WE ONLY SUPPLY SERIAL NUMBERS AT TIME OF PURCHASE." Suffice to say, I am still looking for a Colt Thompson.

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ May 17 2004, 05:37 PM)
"100% original and mint condition...fantastic wood."

...for an 80+ year old gun...

On my computer the finish looks to be great. As far as the wood, the condition looks very good as well. I would sure like to see a picture of the top.

The marking on the wood adds character to the item.

Overall, it looks to be in great condition.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif Dang, $2,195 for an "L" drum but then asking and getting are 2 differant things.

Ok guys I guess it's about time to speak up about Van. Mike have you ever met him or delt with him or Charlie. He is not a knot head or a greedy maybe you are . I have spent a good deal of time with him at a few shoots and a better man I have not met. Check with people his deals go smooth . I would rate him AAA honest who really gives a shit how much he charges for a gun because most of you guys are lookers only.

Next point, you bought a house for 50K 20 years ago and so did the guy next door. He just sold his for 200k would you sell yours for 150k because you did not want to be greedy. So if you do not know the man take a trip to Pa. and meet him . He will spend an hour or two talking to you show you what he has and you can even get to see the serial numbers.

Next point, Thompson collecting . I think I am a collector in my collection I have 5, I do not post pictures or brag . 2 Colts 3 Savage's over 20 drums and enough parts that I have lost count . Lets see pictures who cares they all look the same . The wood looks bad the wood looks good what is that spot on the barrel . How can you tell a guy who bought a gun buy looking at a picture he got screwed. If he would have bought it from Van he would stand behind it 100% and that is a fact .

Last point. Please post your real name . So I know who you are .

Chuck Klein

The gun looks great - any idea what the "A C P D" stamped on the grip and stock stands for?

The value is what someone is willing to pay.

to chuck from pa.glad you joined............i needed help with all these thompson guys>wink!!

still have the pics you mailed me back in chicago..........now in a van by the river in sunny az..........take care,ron

Melvin,

Your points are well taken. However, it appears that for many items, Armament Services appears to be "ahead of the curve" as far as pricing goes. I do not recall anyone disparaging the character, honesty, or quality of service from them. Only the prices for the item (i.e., value).

Many of the items they have for sale remain on their Website for many, many months. Competitively priced items by dealers or individuals move in days, if not hours or even minutes on strumgewehr and subguns. I believe this bears out the preception of an excess price for the item at the time. After all, the market is the judge, not any of us in particular.

If they are able to mantain a viable business while keeping a high cash inventory for many, many months, more power to them. I wish them the best of luck.

I stand by my previous post. Ok so he may be a hell of a nice guy. But SecondAmend has a point about his prices may be years or so ahead of his times. And there are a few of the dealers that over price these and all guns and tend to "run" the price up for us common guys out here. Why doesn't he price his guns on the net? It would probably save him alot of emails and phone calls. To give you a idea on how much a dealer (some or most) will try to make on anything. The M1 I bought last year from a Police department, the C3 dealer only offered the PD $2000. Told them they would be lucky to get $2500 for it, if they could sell it. He is a well known dealer in PA, I won't mention his name. I have talked to the guy several times myself, great guy, real nice.

My name is on my post also.

Chuck, welcome to the boards.

Sorry if I offended you, but I call 'em as I see 'em.

Hi Ron,

One of the biggest mistakes I made in this crazy hobby. And I look at the picture often { a real picture } serial # 97 rember the price . What was it $3500 and that was only a few years ago. So what would that be worth today must be worth 50 k. May be we should contact him and offer him 10 and sell it for 10.5 and sell it to John Jr. That way he could get his Colt and we could take the wives out for dinner and still have tip money left.

Keep the posts comming.

Chuck Klein

QUOTE (Melvin @ May 18 2004, 07:24 PM)
Hi Ron,
One of the biggest mistakes I made in this crazy hobby. And I look at the picture often { a real picture } serial # 97 rember the price . What was it $3500 and  that was only a few years ago. So what would that be worth today must be worth 50 k.  May be we should contact him and offer him 10 and sell it for 10.5 and sell it to John Jr. That way he could get his Colt and we could take the wives out for dinner and still have tip money left.

Keep the posts comming.

Chuck Klein

yep chuck i still have the pic of the last twenty colts layed out before they sold,and charlie here who posts on the board found my old ad from 1998 1999

which read as follow's:THOMPSON'S THOMPSON'S THOMPSON'S r.k.arms has a good choice of original colt commercial 1921 model's,in collector quality of 90% and better condition. invest in a classic colt.call or send sase:

and to think alot of people did........and finally got that colt they wanted..........

i heard the guy that bought a few of my early guns; want's now ten times the amount...........go figure in this crazy world of thompson prices...........and i remember paying $2,500.00 for hurlee's and saying.........how will i get my money back.wink!!

glad to see you posting............be safe, stay healthy,take care,ron