SoS and National Gun Day

I'm there now. Not much Thompson stuff. Some 20 and 30 round mags several mag pouches. All pretty high priced. A couple nice dummy/parts kit guns. But want too much money. I did get a pretty nice Bridgeport L drum for $450. No parts. Three " Halftrack" cases. In fair condition with broken zippers. Not much else

Setup with my usual group this morning. The only items of interest I found today in the few opportunities I had to walk around were a couple of British water/fuel cans to use with my Vickers. Seems for the most part it is just the same old stuff I see on the tables year after year.

We are set up about the middle of the room all the way toward the back by the cafeterias. We are on the end of the row. I don't know the number of the row. Send me a PM with your number and I'll text you when I get in there.

PICS!!!

That actually does not seem too bad in today's world, but of course without any further description I would not venture an opinion beyond that.

Paperwork says manufacturer is Charlie Erb.Not Colt. That should be the big sign. I went back to get photos of the gun and paperwork and POOF! The gun was gone and so were the people at the table. I wanted to hang around, but had to get back to the gun show to a waiting customer.

Per Charlie Erb, he rewelded the receiver. I did notice 2 spots on the left side of the receiver, right behind the magwell, that are likely porosity.

Clearly not just a machinegun that fell off the registry and Erb amnesty registered it. The owner wanted no part of any conversation regarding "Dewat or Rewat." Sad to say, but a novice will likely end up with it under the belief he has a very nice 3-digit gun.

Per Charlie Erb, he rewelded the receiver. I did notice 2 spots on the left side of the receiver, right behind the magwell, that are likely porosity.

Clearly not just a machinegun that fell off the registry and Erb amnesty registered it. The owner wanted no part of any conversation regarding "Dewat or Rewat." Sad to say, but a novice will likely end up with it under the belief he has a very nice 3-digit gun.

That is a buzz kill for sure...did it get sold or $40k??

That is a buzz kill for sure...did it get sold or $40k??

Don't know

Well still good news. A Colt Reweld low SN. Assuming he used the same SN that was on the gun. We can also update Gordons records to reflect, a cut parts kit that was rewelded by Charlie ERB and registered in 1986. Hope prospective buyers know how to inspect it, before they lay out the asking price.

Edited by Sandman1957