Old Question

I know this has been discussed before and I searched the archives on project x and another post on this question, but I keep getting an error message trying to access this topic. So I am asking is it possible to have a semi built from a parts kit on a Kahr receiver or a Philly ordnance 80% receiver and use a longer barrell or should you give it up and buy the inferior Kahr arms and have it fixed by PK? If you can't go full auto semi will have to do.

tvcr18,

LIONHART (a member of this board) is the lucky owner (and mastermind) behind the Project X gun.

Click on "members" and look for his name. He can be emailed from this board.

Norm

Most parts from the original parts kit will not fit your semi design. With modifications you can use the trigger frame from a 28 to replace you 27 frame.

PhilOrdnance receivers cannot be legally used to build a semi, since they have the same dimensions as the Full Auto. That is why we start from a Kahr receiver, which were designed with clearance to not accommodate a full auto bolt.

Project "X"??? Back in June I sent "X" out to Damon over at Tommygunner for a complete Refinish. Didn't care for the High Polish Blue that was on there, and in fact, didn't like holding it, as the finish would smear horribly. It didn't take long in receiving the Thompson back, and it couldn't have looked better! Damon and the others who did the finishing did an outstanding job! I also sent 6 20Rd Magazines for finishing, and they too, turned out great. Damon also supplied one of his Stock Slides custom fitted to the Frame, and everything was done the way I wanted it. VERY reasonable prices I might add! Thanks again Damon!

Devlin--

Is this the same black oxide look of the 28's? I also prefer that flat finish over the gloss.

Sure is SGT! It just looks more proper on this type of Firearm in my opinion, and the time it took to complete, as well as the charges were well within reason. Here is what happened. I sold the "X" Gun to another Forum Member for an agreed price, and before shipping it off, I sent "X" to Damon to make the Thompson look better than it did. Both myself and the buyer were extremely happy with the results. In fact I'm negotiating with Damon on perhaps building another "X" Gun in the future. After my experiences, I cannot hesitate to recommend the services from Tommygunner. Also, the Wood on "X" was redone in Natural Walnut to go along more appropriately with the Metal Finishing, and they too, turned out great. It was a pleasure not only working with Damon, but the Buyer as well. It was a very positive deal for all of us.

96lt1ss:

I am the lucky buyer who now owns Devlin's Project "X'.

I'll be happy to post some pictures as soon as I have

the time to take some.

Just received it on Oct 1st, and is it ever gorgeous!

You would not believe how meticulous Lionhart is -

He said he wanted to "do a few things" to the gun

before it shipped out, and I told him I was in no hurry

and take his time with whatever he thought it needed.

WELL! - 3 months later and the gun had a complete

refinish - metal & wood, plus additional new parts to replace

some he did not think were quite right [i.e. PERFECT!]

For Devlin to say I was happy with the results is

a huge understatement.

A million thanks Devlin - it was a thoroughly enjoyable

experience & well worth the wait!

Regards,

Dave