80% M1 Receiver

I'd like to educate myself on an 80% receiver build up. Who offers 80% receivers besides PhilaOrd? I've heard of Doug Richardson receivers, does he still manufacture them? Any comment on who makes the best? Where is the best place to get info on making the 80% a functioning SEMI auto receiver? What all is done to the receiver to make it semi? Is there a separate drawing for the semi receiver? Thanks for the help on the FNG questions.

Brett

Answer to first question - the best receivers are from Doug Richardson, if he ever makes any more, you may be a a large backorder.

Making a semi out of a 80% receiver only requires a machine shop with mills and experence. Not the job for the average person - you would also need the semi drawings.

Your question is not a new one and can be found in many prior posts....

Earlier posts also indicate that you may have legal issues with using the 80% receiver to make a semi, if it has the same dimensions as the original full-auto receivers. As far as I know, Doug was the only one making one with the semi dimensions. Our board member, Norm, went the route of using a Doug receiver, so you might want to do a search for more info.

There are no ATFE Approved plans for utilizing a So-Called 80% TSMG Receiver for a SA Build. Doug Richardson was the only source for Semifinished SA Thompson Receivers. I too would suggest a search of this Forum. You should be able to find the majority of your answers within.