What is an E-Form, in relationship to Class 3

Ok, here is a stupid question. I have been out of the Class 3 market since 2000. No purchases or sales since then. What is an E-Form in relationship to Class 3 items?

My current pieces are all on a paper Form 4 with a "Tax Stamp". What happens when I go to sell? Delays?

What is an e-File or e-Form?

Thanks in Advance

Paul

The ATF E-file does not replace hardcopy applications and is mostly an option for FFLs to expedite FFL related applications. A non-FFL function in the E-file system is for individual F1 applications.

An Individual or an FFL is eligible to sign up for the service and there is no cost.

It takes some practice to use the system and it is often down for one reason or another.

E-file F3 dealer-to-dealer transfers are very quick and the system is definitely a plus.

I have had trouble with the system when trying to use F2s for registering post-May samples that I have built and can't clear up the problem. So, I have to use paper F2s until the glitch is removed.

Also the E-file archive of my business inventory as recorded from the NFRTR is incorrect/incomplete and I can't get that straightened out either. This means that certain of the MGs in my inventory cannot be transferred out on E-file F3s. FWIW

Edited by BRMCII

Last 5 F-1s for individual - 18 days - 18 days - 19 days - 19 days - 28 days . Time to file -1 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 30 days . Last one due to account problems followed by a total system crash when fixed . At the time , paper was estimated at 8+ months .

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

It the same as the form your use to but much easier and faster.

I've heard eforms filed could take hours. My experience it has been 2 days. Worst I've heard is a month. When I faxed the forms in it took about a month but that was long long time ago.