Valuation of a Sten

Stens seem to be selling $6000-7000 lately

Wilson seems to sell at the higher end of the market. Stens arent selling well lately. I like mine very much.

Be wary of machine gun price guide. Ive submitted Many prices to them and have never seen my dots in the charts. I believe they are just a shill for the high end sellers. Want to know high end dealer prices. Use them. Want to know real world selling prices ? They offer nothing

Post a link to the one your looking at

Edited by huggytree

Thanks. Ultimately comes down to the point where the buyer and seller both agree. Good to have some data points for that discussion.

Local sale. Will have a chance to look at and test fire. Haven't seen yet.

All Stens were not created equal. Many stripped Sten tubes were sold and assembled into working guns, other than the actual manufacturer of the tube.

A few things (IMHO) that enhance or decrease value of a Sten are the quality of the welds, I have seen some pretty sloppy ones. Also the finish; most originals I have seen were painted black, most tube guns were gray Parkerized. A nice black painted finish (with a modern oil and solvent resistant product like Moly-Resin) would be desirable.

Highly doubtful, no one is paying >$7k for any Sten right now. Frank's got a Sten sitting at $6495 and others on GB haven't been selling above $6500 for a long time.

You really have to watch the market to see what's happening:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-nfa-market-board/

Maybe search for STEN. I don't watch much for tube guns as mine is a C&R gun, which I pay more attention to.

Certainly if other comparable guns are selling for less in the market that would be a good starting point. However, I don't recall seeing any low end Wilson guns, but maybe they are out there.

Franks guns can sell for 25-30% off list price.

Ive bought a gun from Mwt originally listed for $15,000 for $8500

My Stemple sten was $6300 and in very nice shape. Bought it over a year ago. The market has dropped since then too. Im sure some are selling $5750 right now

• Upvote 1

He had it in his weekly email Thursday. He lists his prices on the website for anywhere from 10-20% higher than he lists them in his weekly email and as Dave mentioned you can still get him down more off of the email prices if he's had them for a little while.

But regardless the market is well down on Stens just like most other MGs.

• Upvote 1