Best Way To Sell A Tsmg?

To start with, to set the record straight, I'm more interested in buying than selling TSMG's right now.

However, the thread concerning the J.C. Devine auction piqued my curiosity about what would be the best way be to sell a TSMG right now.

It would seem that some form of Internet-driven method would give the seller the largest market. Some of the sites I check out are:

www.sturmgewehr.com

subguns.com

AuctionArms

GunBroker.com

GunsAmerica.com

These are all basically do-it-yourself selling methods. Are these satisfactory from most people's standpoint, or would going through some kind of broker who charges some kind of commission to provide some kind of services be worth the extra charges?

if i was you..i would put it on subguns.com ...ALOT of high rollers play there...top money...no bs talking down..etc etc...you name the price and they usually buy if its anything logical at all.....

I agree with Mike on this one. I belong to a BMW Z3 message board where everyone pretty much just exhange pieces and parts with other board members.. I'm pretty sure if someone on this board made it known they needed whatever, and another board member had it, a fair if not free exchange could be made. For a tsmg, I'm sure we have buyers on the board that would pay a fair price and you could trust them not to turn it at a profit at your expense... You can kinda tell the wheeler dealers from the people who just want a honest gun at a honest price.... Ad my .02 to mikes and you're up to .04!

The problem I have had with other boards are the stupid questions that I get -

Had a hardcase for sale, question "was it use by a gangster? and if so who?" I got over 10 questions as to prior ownership and it was listed as t repo case from AO for a 1927a1

Had MG 34 dummy - Question - "what battles was it use in?"

Question- " will it shoot?

Question- " I am not sure if my mother will let me

have it."

In some cases the questions are interesting - the people never bid, just ask questions...

The people on this board know the items, price and in my experence have been fair.

I would use the items in the following order.

www.sturmgewehr.com

subguns.com

GunsAmerica.com

AuctionArms

GunBroker.com

Basdically the auction sites like AuctionArms and GunBroker do not allow for long term auctions which means you only have just about a week to get the price you want.

The other sites allow you to post and keep it there a while longer.

You could post the info on my web page in the guest book, it get's lots of looks. Or if looking you can post the same there. At least it's Thompson people looking at it. It got me my last M1.

I tend to start small. I'd start right here & go from there. I placed a WTB ad on CSP Gun Talk for an M 1923 .45 clip pouch and got two in unissued condition for what they're selling for on eBay, about $50.

Hey I'm a 2nd Ammendment advocate but I think we should get John F'ing Kerry to sponsor a bill requiring all TSMGs to be sold through this site. An ammendment could be passed granting me first right of refusal but that might not make it out of commitee.

As far dealing with a broker, it depends if they get an agreed upon dollar amount, regardless what the gun actually sells for. If they get a percentage of the selling price, then they are less inclined to even pass along a fair offer to the owner. Why owners of C&R guns even bother to use a broker is odd. It is not time consuming to reply to emails, send pics, allow a look see, or write up the forms.