Colt 21ac For Sale With C And L Drum

The L and C drums make the sale. It is strange that if the seller has the correct 1921 parts in their possession, they chose not to replace the WW II latch release, stock, actuator, etc, if not the "original" 1921 AC barrel, before posting the photos on Sturmgewehr. All of these replacement parts are sometimes a sign that the gun's owner(s) ran through a lot of drums and mags and wanted to spare the wear on the Colt parts. However, the idea of using a replacement barrel, as installed by someone other than Colt/Auto-Ord, (check barrel alignment mark), certainly impacts the originality and value of the weapon. Without being able to see the condition of the original parts in the photos, or the top of the receiver, where there is usually found significant wear, the receiver and frame bluing/wear would put it in the 85 + % category.

Since I am not buying it, I can afford to be charitable in my estimation. Notice the seller did not put a rating on the condition. From what I have seen out there, this Colt 21 AC is just about the kind of condition that is usually encountered in the market place. And yes, the seller would usually describe this type of condition as 92%+. At least it has not been re blued.