Colt 1921 Thompson & M1A1

Pics could be better. Maybe a couple things are priced too high, like the 20 rd. Seymour mag and the M1A1 parts kit. On the other hand the NY "L" drum would be an absolute steal at that price. You can bet it will sell for a lot more. If you are looking for an original Colt actuator, Colt wood or a barrel, good luck finding a nice one. The parts set, if all original is a deal at that price. I think I am going to try and take out that shot mag. #6222 went to a hardware store in St. Louis in 1928. Records say that it was a 21A. Wonder why 6222 would not be transferable and or why it was chopped? What a waste!

Update. I did speak to the seller now and confirmed the guns were not registered and not all from the same collection.

I am told the M50 and 1921 parts are in beautiful condition.

Thank you to Mid Ohio for contacting me to clarify the history on these and thus I have updated my post.

Ron

Frankly, I cant understand why anyone would make a parts kit out of a toy replica cap gun, which is what Model Gun Corporation (MGC) made. My guess is the person who did the work had no clue what they were doing.

I agree that the bidders may not know the parts are from a toy gun.

Hard to tell from the pics, but doesnt it look like the receiver has just been cut by one pass through a bandsaw? Might be a good candidate for a post sample restoration.

If you are referring to the MP40, good luck with that. I sold a mint MGC MP40 for about $700 a while back. Maybe I should have dewatted it. If anyone is not sure what an MGC gun is, I suggest some googling

Ron

That MGC MP-40 is/was a replica made in Japan in the late 60's thru the 80's.

They were constructed of thin-gauge sheet metal, and pot-metal, and never designed as anything other than display guns, or to fire "PFC" caps loaded with a charge similar to a roll cap gun. Collectors Armoury in VA used to sell them for a 199.00

They are in no way dimensionally similar to a real MP-40, nor are their materials in any way capable of handling the firing of a 9x19 round.

Kind of the equivalent of one of the Denix or MGC replica Thompsons you see on Ebay all the time....but cut into bits

Mid Ohio Services,

I believe you cut up a toy gun. It is a very realistic replica. I own one that I purchased new in the box circa 1969 for $50. Shown below is link to one currently on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MGC-MP40-MGC68-RMI-ALL-METAL-MODEL-GUN-VINTAGE-GUN-PISTOL-PROP-JAPAN-REPLICA/323740954891?hash=item4b6076f10b:g:J2YAAOSweWtcaGi~

I always wondered if the magazine would work in a real MP40.

Contrary to what the ad says, I'm afraid you do know more about it now, from the education given in this thread. The right thing to do would be to add a comment to the auction that this is, in fact, a toy gun made by Model Gun Corp.

Well, at least from what I understand, the proper destruction of the receiver of the Thompson would require it to be torch cut. I think one pass through the band saw (as it looks like this one has done) would not cut it. Maybe the receiver is not included in the sale and Mid Ohio has some way to legally own it. Sure someone can correct me if I am missing something.

It is a shame this was cut up in the first place. Just the parts are beautiful.

Hi, again, I put the MP 40 on GB, I then listed more photo's so the buyers could see what they were getting. I then advised the top bidder that I would not hold him to it and I

would eat the GB fees.....I have since then contacted GB and explained to them that there are several complaints about this not being a true firearm and to please remove it.

I do not know what else I can do. thank you.

Well, at least from what I understand, the proper destruction of the receiver of the Thompson would require it to be torch cut. I think one pass through the band saw (as it looks like this one has done) would not cut it. Maybe the receiver is not included in the sale and Mid Ohio has some way to legally own it. Sure someone can correct me if I am missing something.

It is a shame this was cut up in the first place. Just the parts are beautiful.

I don't have any skin in the game, but I see the Colt Thompson listing now refers to this Board and poster. I'm not certain of the requirements, but my general recollection is that if the receiver was cut by the ATF regulations at the time it would be legal to own. I think the destruction requirements are more stringent today. Others with more knowledge or someone who wants to look it up can cite or provide the applicable regulations. I agree it's a nice looking example. My thought was similar to the earlier post on a post-sample possibility. Will be interesting to hear what other more knowledgeable members have to say on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/803927227

Not sure why Mid Ohio referred to me in the Gunbroker Ad, but seems to be a bit sarcastic. As I said, I am no expert and dont think there is any reason for the seller to be salty with me - I am not bidding on it nor do I care how or if he sells it.

Roberts observation makes a lot of sense and he is probably correct.

Concerning the Colt 1921, From the cited Reference,

Unserviceable firearm means :

“a firearm which is incapable of discharging a shot by means of an explosive and incapable of being readily restored to a firing condition.”

(26 USCS § 5845)

Has anyone readily restored a saw cut TSMG ? or any MG ?

Nothing "readily" about it. Its a PITA with all the tooling, and it still may not work. That Colt was a VG candidate for a post-sample MG, now its lost to history.

Sad.