Question on Dillinger's Car at time of death

Guy's

I have been trying to find the following:

1. The year and model of the car john had in Chicago the night he was killed.

2. What happened to the car, where was it located?

Would like this information for a long time Dillinger Buff, He's been looking for this information

for over twenty years.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Mid June, 1934 he was driving a new Essex Terraplane, which has always caused confusion on the model. Terraplane ( just Terraplane ) was in a transitional from becoming a Essex Terraplane to just Terraplane, then changed the name again in late 1938 to Hudson Terraplane.

His favorite car was the 1933 Essex Terraplane 8, but only made in 1933. FAST ! Nelson, Van Meter and others ran the 33 T-8 too.

However, the new car he had in Tucson, at his arrest was a 1934 Hudson LLU Deluxe, no 6 cylinder engines in 1934 in Hudson.

Confused ? Everyone else was. Most accounts called his 1933 Essex Terraplane 8 a Hudson Essex Terraplane.

In July, in Chicago he was using a cab to get around.

Dillinger always bought his personal cars and some instances, gave them to his brother Hubert, that had a gas station/garage in Indianapolis and was supplying cars to the gang, along with his partner, Fred Hancock, that was his sister's husband.

There ya go, my best account that I know of.

OCM

Since I've been a long time Dillinger buff for over 45 years, can you reveal your friend, I probably know him/her.. You can PM if you wish.

OCM

Your Pal should join the forum here- Also to add the car thing, Dillinger's lawyer was driving him around a bit in July. Anna Sage, the Woman in Red, was introduced to Dillinger by a Cabby. Actually the Cabby told JD about her . This of course is also where he met Polly Hamilton. I had the opportunity to visit with Polly's nieces and sister. Mrs. Black AKA Aunt Polly AKA Dillinger main squeeze in July.

OCM

Jim C.

To quote William J. Helmer; " Crime Doesn't Pay, but can be a shortcut to immorality "

Yes, no car BUT he did have the " Holy Grail " of outlaw Thompsons, # 7387 .

Colt Chopper is running a close second now, with the Baby Face Nelson Thompson, but he has a car, I think.

My guess is Louis Piquett, Dillinger's lawyer, took Dillinger's car- He didn't need it anymore anyway. I know Piquett took/stole about $5,000 from Dillinger much earlier, I guess you call that dancing with the Devil.

OCM

My guess is Louis Piquett, Dillinger's lawyer, took Dillinger's car- He didn't need it anymore anyway. I know Piquett took/stole about $5,000 from Dillinger much earlier, I guess you call that dancing with the Devil.

OCM

For the balance of "services rendered", no doubt. ;)

Rob

Piquett was something else. Here he is with Dillinger, consulting in court. I think he got tossed in jail for a time after his client was killed. Something like that.

65126.jpg