New Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine

I agree that Phil knows his stuff. But I also think that TSMGguy knows his stuff too.

The curiousity is - how did two knowledgable guys end up with such completely different

examples of the same gun?

Bob

Because some people have an agenda.... Same as with certain types of ammo... btaim I have only handled two of these guns both of which were ordered when the article broke in AR. I must say they both seemed to have great fit and finish but I didn't field strip them of course. Now my concern with the respected member from Ohio's guns is not the veracity of his statements but that a second party "worked" on the weapons after leaving the Moonies and before he ever saw them.... Who knows what kind of shenanigans were perpetrated in that time frame.

So Z3, just what might that agenda be? Since I don't have one, to whom are you referring? Same with the ammo innuendo. It seems to be virtually impossible for you to kick this deep inner need to find some way to sling mud at the slightest opening. You are unique. Nobody else on the board has exhibited this long term compulsion.

Concerning the weapons having been "worked on", none of the points I mentioned had anything to do with owner modification, as was clear from what I wrote. These were factory defects; large and small. Anybody reading it had no trouble seeing this, including you.

Guys,

The thing about these Kahr carbines (at least the early ones I checked), which still concerns me most, is what I found with the one gas cylinder housing being split and deformed from pressure, and the piston retaining nut being apparently crystalized and broken. The cylinder was investment cast. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. And maybe Kahr is now using a milled housing, or different metallurgy. But if any of you has one of these, a later version, I'd take a look at that gas piston assembly from time to time, just to stay on the safe side. See whether it appears to be cast or milled, and check for cracks or spreading of the metal in the threaded area.

The other thing is that, if shopping the gun shows for one of these, be aware that you could encounter one of the early problem guns, like the two I examined. Last weekend at the Berea show near Cleveland, I saw two used Kahr M-1 carbines. Both looked like new and were set up as military style, but I didn't check them closely. Remember, all of these can be no more than about two years old. A dealer had one on a table, asking $450. A guy walking the show had another one he was trying to sell for $400.

Knowing CMP has a large supply of good ex-military carbines for just over $400, why would any intelligent person pay more for the Kahr replica of at least questionable quality? I think "questionable" is a fair term to use, based both on my observations and the more favorable experience of TSMGguy. The reason for rolling dice on the used gun market totally escapes me. Of course, lots of people bought them when CMP did not have the ex-military guns and it did not appear they would be available again. Now it is quite different. In fact, if you have a Kahr carbine, for $150 you could buy a CMP milspec barreled receiver and maybe (with a little luck) fit your Kahr parts up to that...and add a real military stock. And if you want to pay about $600 for a new Kahr carbine with warranty, sure, please do so. I understand they are great folks to deal with on warranty issues. ;)

Anyway, I learned what I learned, and that's valid and true for the two guns I examined; TSMGguy learned what he learned from the one gun he has bought and used, and I accept that he is also telling it like it is. That means that if you are thinking about buying one of these, new or used, at least be on your guard and examine closely. To try to twist any of this to invent some other meaning or significance is, indeed, to promote some personal "agenda".

But we already know who is into that and what to expect. The logic of the "why" is less clear, but we can guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Phil knows his stuff. But I also think that TSMGguy knows his stuff too.

The curiousity is - how did two knowledgable guys end up with such completely different

examples of the same gun?

Bob

Because some people have an agenda.... Same as with certain types of ammo... btaim I have only handled two of these guns both of which were ordered when the article broke in AR. I must say they both seemed to have great fit and finish but I didn't field strip them of course. Now my concern with the respected member from Ohio's guns is not the veracity of his statements but that a second party "worked" on the weapons after leaving the Moonies and before he ever saw them.... Who knows what kind of shenanigans were perpetrated in that time frame.

So Z3, just what might that agenda be? Since I don't have one, to whom are you referring? Same with the ammo innuendo. It seems to be virtually impossible for you to kick this deep inner need to find some way to sling mud at the slightest opening. You are unique. Nobody else on the board has exhibited this long term compulsion.

Concerning the weapons having been "worked on", none of the points I mentioned had anything to do with owner modification, as was clear from what I wrote. These were factory defects; large and small. Anybody reading it had no trouble seeing this, including you.

Guys,

The thing about these Kahr carbines (at least the early ones I checked), which still concerns me most, is what I found with the one gas cylinder housing being split and deformed from pressure, and the piston retaining nut being apparently crystalized and broken. The cylinder was investment cast. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. And maybe Kahr is now using a milled housing, or different metallurgy. But if any of you has one of these, a later version, I'd take a look at that gas piston assembly from time to time, just to stay on the safe side. See whether it appears to be cast or milled, and check for cracks or spreading of the metal in the threaded area.

The other thing is that, if shopping the gun shows for one of these, be aware that you could encounter one of the early problem guns, like the two I examined. Last weekend at the Berea show near Cleveland, I saw two used Kahr M-1 carbines. Both looked like new and were set up as military style, but I didn't check them closely. Remember, all of these can be no more than about two years old. A dealer had one on a table, asking $450. A guy walking the show had another one he was trying to sell for $400.

Knowing CMP has a large supply of good ex-military carbines for just over $400, why would any intelligent person pay more for the Kahr replica of at least questionable quality? I think "questionable" is a fair term to use, based both on my observations and the more favorable experience of TSMGguy. The reason for rolling dice on the used gun market totally escapes me. Of course, lots of people bought them when CMP did not have the ex-military guns and it did not appear they would be available again. Now it is quite different. In fact, if you have a Kahr carbine, for $150 you could buy a CMP milspec barreled receiver and maybe (with a little luck) fit your Kahr parts up to that...and add a real military stock. And if you want to pay about $600 for a new Kahr carbine with warranty, sure, please do so. I understand they are great folks to deal with on warranty issues. ;)

Anyway, I learned what I learned, and that's valid and true for the two guns I examined; TSMGguy learned what he learned from the one gun he has bought and used, and I accept that he is also telling it like it is. That means that if you are thinking about buying one of these, new or used, at least be on your guard and examine closely. To try to twist any of this to invent some other meaning or significance is, indeed, to promote some personal "agenda".

But we already know who is into that and what to expect. The logic of the "why" is less clear, but we can guess.

Your agendas are pretty transparent... All Kahr produced firearms and accessories are crap and it is your purpose here to make sure that all are for warned prior to be duped by the Moonies. As for Wolf ammo all you posting speak for themselves.... Not to say that others here including me do not have opposite agendas. Alls I'm saying is that there is a reason you dig up a long lost thread and revive it.......

I do not have an agenda but I will say based on my experience with Kahr products in my shop there will not be another one ordered. I purchased a 1911 from them last fall, first time out the front site came loose and the pistol fired like a bolt action. After each shot the trigger would not return to its forward position and the slide had to operated following each shot ejecting an unfired cartridge to allow the trigger to move to its required firing position. Other than as a fishing weight I cannot depend on a pistol like this to operate as expected. No more off brands for me.

Kahr was very good about making the repairs I should not have to work on a pistol straight out of the box to get it to work properly.

Edited by RoscoeTurner

...Your agendas are pretty transparent... All Kahr produced firearms and accessories are crap and it is your purpose here to make sure that all are for warned prior to be duped by the Moonies. As for Wolf ammo all you posting speak for themselves.... Not to say that others here including me do not have opposite agendas. Alls I'm saying is that there is a reason you dig up a long lost thread and revive it.......

Well Z3, your unprovoked personal attack regarding some alleged negative "agenda" I may have is based on a false pretense, and of course the longstanding intent behind it. Or else I wouldn't be writing all this. There's a name for people who do that; starts with "L". But if I went that route, I might be perceived the same way you are, here on this board and maybe several others.

I have to admit, you're a soft target and it's a temptation to slide a little well deserved ridicule in your direction, when you repeatedly and unilaterally launch these mud slinging tirades, trying so hard to elicit a response, to make it appear that you exist. But it wouldn't accomplish much. You get the job done by posting; once again. Everybody here gets the picture. I could add a lot more, based upon your performances elsewhere. But that would only flesh out the picture and add a few laughs, at your expense. Especially those pictures; could do a whole funny slide show.

I sympathize when you feel driven to vent the frustration and these understandable feelings of inferiority and futility, chugging away at that boring job in a sad little shared office at the end of the earth, day after day, hiding behind a misleading powerhouse Internet name. Lots of people on the web do it, but most of them don't find that arbitrarily attacking others around them is the only or preferred way to work out their festering head problems and feel better about themselves. In the past (you've been doing this for years here), you have said you just "couldn't resist" or couldn't help it. I accept that, but it doesn't improve the psychic smell here. I hope your newly shortened Thompson butt stock is finally making it possible to reach all the way out there to that great big trigger. It will at least make you feel more like a gen-yoo-ine Big Daddy, sorta. ;)

FYI:...the rest of you guys, especially new ones, arriving since Z3's last performance like this one,

For years on the board, this character has never been able to go for more than a few months or weeks without instigating some sort of nasty personal attack, usually directed against me but also against others here. But he prefers me, maybe because he knows I won't let it pass. I think he craves negative recognition, wanting to be perceived as a machinegun totin' bad ass. It appears there is not much of this in his real world life as an Oregon insurance salesman in a little cubby hole one-man office out in Grants Pass with a shared telephone.

His unprovoked insults get him that big shot recognition he wants, or so he thinks, and he escalates. He always ends up being humiliated, but never to the extent that keeps him happy and satisfied for long. When it becomes obvious that, once again, things aren't going so well for him, the guy announces that he will say no more...for the betterment of the board, of course. :lol:

Each one of these has a monotonous sameness. But unfortunately, there's always another one just around the corner.

Somewhere along this path, a board commentator always steps from the crowd and interjects a brief sanctimonious lecture to the effect that both parties have erred (which has never been the case and is never adequately explained) and the spat must be nobly ended for the common good, as it interferes with everybody's happiness. It is never explained how this "I'm O.K., you're O.K." nonsense can be true when somebody, always the same somebody, has first hurled an intentional unprovoked insult. But that's an integral article of faith in our air-headed pop culture, and this board has not been immune.

And as these other people chime in, Z3 feeds on it...the recognition and the sense that he has started it all, he's at the center.

I think some of you have noticed that, for more than a year, I have made a conscious and obvious effort to be nice to Z3, complimentary, often agreeing with some point he makes, even when it might be stretching things. Z3 is having none of that. He's not going to be tricked into being something other than what he is. :lol: So be it, I guess. They say you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. And apparently we run into the same sort of problems in dealing with both ends of the horse.

But in all these years, nobody has seen fit to deep six the root cause, the instigator, of all these identical rifts in board harmony. Seems so simple to me. It's not about deleting posts, but ending the board access of intentionally disruptive people.

So lets see if, for the first time, this latest board gift from Mr. Z3 Big Daddy is somehow dealt with in a different way than all the other times. I.e., not at all or ineffectively. Other boards eject people with the obvious goal of intentional disruption, as soon as the track record becomes established; maybe earlier. But not this board. This guy has been given warnings by the previous moderator. His response was to proudly and contemptuously brag about it, in large red letters which he made a part of his signature on every post for awhile. It escapes me why anybody should be allowed to get away with that. Then the volunteer moderator, who had made even a mild but honest attempt to bring peace and harmony to the board, was quietly and unceremoniously terminated from that position, without the courtesy of being offered any explanation or even a comment. Yes guys, that's the true story of what happened. I suppose it has to do with judgement. Some things I have difficulty understanding, and when I tactfully ask for some sort of explanation, I get silence. That is not the way to run anything expected to work. Maturity and decisiveness count.

I think it is a tribute to the good judgement and good intentions of the rest of the people on this board that nobody else does this; or very rarely. ;) That means a lot of people are using their heads for more than hat racks, and are having a good time here, by being good people and sharing their Thompson fun. Diversions like this one make the rest of the picture look even better. And of course the converse is true. But nothing works forever without maintenance, and this board needs some, beyond the software kind.

Somewhere along this path, a board commentator always steps from the crowd and interjects a brief sanctimonious lecture to the effect that both parties have erred (which has never been the case and is never adequately explained) and the spat must be nobly ended for the common good, as it interferes with everybody's happiness. It is never explained how this "I'm O.K., you're O.K." nonsense can be true when somebody, always the same somebody, has first hurled an intentional unprovoked insult. But that's an integral article of faith in our air-headed pop culture, and this board has not been immune.

Don't worry Phil........I'll keep my sanctimoniousness to myself, you and Z3 go ahead and have your little slugfest, the board has been too quiet lately anyway. Actually it might be entertaining..........for awhile at least.

Oh...can you explain to me again the part about "unprovoked insults"?

Phil......sometimes your just a real peach of a guy.

Edited by Lancer

...Your agendas are pretty transparent... All Kahr produced firearms and accessories are crap and it is your purpose here to make sure that all are for warned prior to be duped by the Moonies. As for Wolf ammo all you posting speak for themselves.... Not to say that others here including me do not have opposite agendas. Alls I'm saying is that there is a reason you dig up a long lost thread and revive it.......

Well Z3, your unprovoked personal attack regarding some alleged negative "agenda" I may have is based on a false pretense, and of course the longstanding intent behind it. Or else I wouldn't be writing all this. There's a name for people who do that; starts with "L". But if I went that route, I might be perceived the same way you are, here on this board and maybe several others.

I have to admit, you're a soft target and it's a temptation to slide a little well deserved ridicule in your direction, when you repeatedly and unilaterally launch these mud slinging tirades, trying so hard to elicit a response, to make it appear that you exist. But it wouldn't accomplish much. You get the job done by posting; once again. Everybody here gets the picture. I could add a lot more, based upon your performances elsewhere. But that would only flesh out the picture and add a few laughs, at your expense. Especially those pictures; could do a whole funny slide show.

I sympathize when you feel driven to vent the frustration and these understandable feelings of inferiority and futility, chugging away at that boring job in a sad little shared office at the end of the earth, day after day, hiding behind a misleading powerhouse Internet name. Lots of people on the web do it, but most of them don't find that arbitrarily attacking others around them is the only or preferred way to work out their festering head problems and feel better about themselves. In the past (you've been doing this for years here), you have said you just "couldn't resist" or couldn't help it. I accept that, but it doesn't improve the psychic smell here. I hope your newly shortened Thompson butt stock is finally making it possible to reach all the way out there to that great big trigger. It will at least make you feel more like a gen-yoo-ine Big Daddy, sorta. ;)

FYI:...the rest of you guys, especially new ones, arriving since Z3's last performance like this one,

For years on the board, this character has never been able to go for more than a few months or weeks without instigating some sort of nasty personal attack, usually directed against me but also against others here. But he prefers me, maybe because he knows I won't let it pass. I think he craves negative recognition, wanting to be perceived as a machinegun totin' bad ass. It appears there is not much of this in his real world life as an Oregon insurance salesman in a little cubby hole one-man office out in Grants Pass with a shared telephone.

His unprovoked insults get him that big shot recognition he wants, or so he thinks, and he escalates. He always ends up being humiliated, but never to the extent that keeps him happy and satisfied for long. When it becomes obvious that, once again, things aren't going so well for him, the guy announces that he will say no more...for the betterment of the board, of course. :lol:

Each one of these has a monotonous sameness. But unfortunately, there's always another one just around the corner.

And as these other people chime in, Z3 feeds on it...the recognition and the sense that he has started it all, he's at the center.

I think some of you have noticed that, for more than a year, I have made a conscious and obvious effort to be nice to Z3, complimentary, often agreeing with some point he makes, even when it might be stretching things. Z3 is having none of that. He's not going to be tricked into being something other than what he is. :lol: So be it, I guess. They say you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. And apparently we run into the same sort of problems in dealing with both ends of the horse.

But in all these years, nobody has seen fit to deep six the root cause, the instigator, of all these identical rifts in board harmony. Seems so simple to me. It's not about deleting posts, but ending the board access of intentionally disruptive people.

So lets see if, for the first time, this latest board gift from Mr. Z3 Big Daddy is somehow dealt with in a different way than all the other times. I.e., not at all or ineffectively. Other boards eject people with the obvious goal of intentional disruption, as soon as the track record becomes established; maybe earlier. But not this board. This guy has been given warnings by the previous moderator. His response was to proudly and contemptuously brag about it, in large red letters which he made a part of his signature on every post for awhile. It escapes me why anybody should be allowed to get away with that. Then the volunteer moderator, who had made even a mild but honest attempt to bring peace and harmony to the board, was quietly and unceremoniously terminated from that position, without the courtesy of being offered any explanation or even a comment. Yes guys, that's the true story of what happened. I suppose it has to do with judgement. Some things I have difficulty understanding, and when I tactfully ask for some sort of explanation, I get silence. That is not the way to run anything expected to work. Maturity and decisiveness count.

I think it is a tribute to the good judgement and good intentions of the rest of the people on this board that nobody else does this; or very rarely. ;) That means a lot of people are using their heads for more than hat racks, and are having a good time here, by being good people and sharing their Thompson fun. Diversions like this one make the rest of the picture look even better. And of course the converse is true. But nothing works forever without maintenance, and this board needs some, beyond the software kind.

Hello Phil, Not arguing with you, however I think I said you had an agenda, at least I think that is what I said..... Don't know where all the rest comes from.... I guess it all boils down to.... Why did you make the post on a 4 year old thread? First post being ----> Jan 31 2004, 04:50 PM Which at this point doesn't even matter any more since you have gone way beyond my simple statement.

My unprovoked personal attack ----> "Because some people have an agenda.... Same as with certain types of ammo..."

Yours-------> Well they can read em for themselves.... As per your past, attack anyone who thinks enough challenge you or even point out the obivious.

So last post on this thread for me... Have at er boys....

Edited by Z3BigDaddy

...Oh...can you explain to me again the part about "unprovoked insults"?...

Happy to, Lancer. Unless somebody here takes a shot at me, I take no shots at him. I hope that's not too vague for you.

Only one guy here has a long, long, long record of taking those first shots; seems to live for it. I would call that "unprovoked".

I would call a person like that "offensive"...and a whole lot of other things, but it is hardly necessary to describe the obvious.

Z3: ...Hello Phil, Not arguing with you, however I think I said you had an agenda, at least I think that is what I said..... Don't know where all the rest comes from....

It comes from your offensive track record for some years now. No further explanation is required for anybody who has followed this board for more than a month or two and reads your posts. You do what you do because you choose to, and you seem to be driven. Or else it would not be happening, over and over.

Z3: I guess it all boils down to.... Why did you make the post on a 4 year old thread?

Try "two-year-old" subject.

But why should this be of any concern to you, or any of your business, other than as the spring board to launch the latest of your personal insults? Why would you raise the question, except with the intent to insult? In point of fact, I had the unexpected opportunity to closely examine, and work on, not one but two carbines of a type which had been discussed here at length. It seemed a good opportunity to describe both the pluses and minuses of a product everybody had shown interest in, and especially regarding a rather controversial company which is the sole manufacturer of the semiauto Thompson. Nothing strange or negatively motivated there. But from your twisted point of view, it looked like a chance to question or insult my motivation and steer the thread in a direction where you could sling yet more mud. As you did.

That's what it "boils down to"; same old crap.

Z3: Which at this point doesn't even matter any more since you have gone way beyond my simple statement.

There is nothing simple about your "simple statements". You intend to be insulting and you work hard at it. If not, you could demonstrate that by keeping your insulting mouth shut and focusing on your own business and posts, not mine.

Z3: So last post on this thread for me... Have at er boys....

Let's hope so. "Have at er boys..."? Has anybody noticed that the only time the peace and quiet and fun on the board breaks down is when you, Z3, have decided that it went on for too long, so you pitch another of your brown brats into the stew? What kind of a guy does that? I was waiting to see how long the board pleasantness would or could go on. You answered the question; not long, if you are still conscious and have a keyboard to punch.

So you could prove how wrong-minded and unfair I am, by morphing into a human being and cleaning up your act. Let's see just how that goes. And it makes no difference whether you pursue the old routine in some subtle or indirect way; same guy, same deal. We also are fully aware of your back channel E-mail efforts to do the same thing via your surrogates; they've told me about it. What a sick guy.

A few days ago you quipped to the effect that being on this machinegunbooks board meant "never having to say you're sorry". I thought that was one of the most accidentally telling indicators of your attitude here, and maybe elsewhere. But then, if a person chooses not to be intentionally obnoxious or offensive, he seldom has to say he's sorry, except when he makes an honest mistake.

So guys, this one ends like all the others, as I predicted...hopefully. Z3 gets his own crap rubbed in his face and then self righteously proclaims he is nobley saying no more on the subject. Hope, hope, hope. :lol:

For the record, next time you do it, Z3, same deal. I have zero tolerance of your special thing.

Z3: ...Hello Phil, Not arguing with you, however I think I said you had an agenda, at least I think that is what I said..... Don't know where all the rest comes from....

It comes from your offensive track record for some years now. No further explanation is required for anybody who has followed this board for more than a month or two and reads your posts. You do what you do because you choose to, and you seem to be driven. Or else it would not be happening, over and over.

Z3: I guess it all boils down to.... Why did you make the post on a 4 year old thread?

Try "two-year-old" subject.

But why should this be of any concern to you, or any of your business, other than as the spring board to launch the latest of your personal insults? Why would you raise the question, except with the intent to insult? In point of fact, I had the unexpected opportunity to closely examine, and work on, not one but two carbines of a type which had been discussed here at length. It seemed a good opportunity to describe both the pluses and minuses of a product everybody had shown interest in, and especially regarding a rather controversial company which is the sole manufacturer of the semiauto Thompson. Nothing strange or negatively motivated there. But from your twisted point of view, it looked like a chance to question or insult my motivation and steer the thread in a direction where you could sling yet more mud. As you did.

That's what it "boils down to"; same old crap.

Z3: Which at this point doesn't even matter any more since you have gone way beyond my simple statement.

There is nothing simple about your "simple statements". You intend to be insulting and you work hard at it. If not, you could demonstrate that by keeping your insulting mouth shut and focusing on your own business and posts, not mine.

Z3: So last post on this thread for me... Have at er boys....

Let's hope so. "Have at er boys..."? Has anybody noticed that the only time the peace and quiet and fun on the board breaks down is when you, Z3, have decided that it went on for too long, so you pitch another of your brown brats into the stew? What kind of a guy does that? I was waiting to see how long the board pleasantness would or could go on. You answered the question; not long, if you are still conscious and have a keyboard to punch.

So you could prove how wrong-minded and unfair I am, by morphing into a human being and cleaning up your act. Let's see just how that goes. And it makes no difference whether you pursue the old routine in some subtle or indirect way; same guy, same deal. We also are fully aware of your back channel E-mail efforts to do the same thing via your surrogates; they've told me about it. What a sick guy.

A few days ago you quipped to the effect that being on this machinegunbooks board meant "never having to say you're sorry". I thought that was one of the most accidentally telling indicators of your attitude here, and maybe elsewhere. But then, if a person chooses not to be intentionally obnoxious or offensive, he seldom has to say he's sorry, except when he makes an honest mistake.

So guys, this one ends like all the others, as I predicted...hopefully. Z3 gets his own crap rubbed in his face and then self righteously proclaims he is nobley saying no more on the subject. Hope, hope, hope. :lol:

For the record, next time you do it, Z3, same deal. I have zero tolerance of your special thing.

...Oh...can you explain to me again the part about "unprovoked insults"?...

Happy to, Lancer. Unless somebody here takes a shot at me, I take no shots at him. I hope that's not too vague for you.

Only one guy here has a long, long, long record of taking those first shots; seems to live for it. I would call that "unprovoked".

I would call a person like that "offensive"...and a whole lot of other things, but it is hardly necessary to describe the obvious.

No Phil........what I want you to explain is why your little insulting rant, about me trying to promote civility on the board, is not exactly the same sort of "unprovoked insults" that you view as so intolerable. I took no shot at you....yet you took a cheap, unprovoked shot at me. Looks like a double standard to me but I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation about why this is acceptable when you do it.

Edited by Lancer

No Phil........what I want you to explain is why your little insulting rant, about me trying to promote civility on the board, is not exactly the same sort of "unprovoked insults" that you view as so intolerable. I took no shot at you....yet you took a cheap, unprovoked shot at me. Looks like a double standard to me but I'm sure you'll have some long winded explanation about why this is acceptable when you do it.

Lancer, I took no shot at you whatsoever. Show me where????

...unless, in your mind, you misinterpreted some of my earlier comments as having been directed toward you, regarding the people who typically try to get in their misdirected two cents worth each time this stuff is intentionally started by the party in question. Is that what it's about?

Never intended any of it to be pointed in your direction...but as a matter of fact, you then sort of cast yourself in a role which you seem to think may fit the description... ;) ...or something or other.

Anybody who wants to "promote civility" on this board, or anywhere else, can start by getting their priorities straight; direct their displeasure at the intentional instigator(s) of incivility or problems in the world, not a reaction from the target. I have no patience or tolerance for the other kind of silly "civility promotion", which I described, and I stand behind what I said. Isn't this like the U.S. being guilty of something which caused the 9-11 attack? I know a lot of people, with rather mushy cerebral tissue, think this makes perfect sense.