Today I read the article. It seemed to me interesting.

greetings to all. Today had the pleasure to read this article. Some things I've never seen before. for example Thompson stainless steel. very surprised bakelite drum magazine for 50 rounds. If someone can tell about these instances in more detail, I would be grateful. It is interesting to look at more detailed photos. thank you in advance. Yours faithfully Vadim.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing! I've never heard about or seen the stainless Thompson's before, or the Bakelite drum.

Andrew

swat12,

What you are reading about is The American Thompson Association (TATA) display at the Michigan Antique Arms Show in Novi, MI earlier this year. Many, but not all, of the items featured in this story are part of the American Thompson Reference Collection owned by noted author Tracie Hill. For more information about these and more unique Thompson items, I recommend The Ultimate Thompson Book by Tracie Hill. It is available at Amazon.com and many fine book stores.

If you would like to see these items in person and ask questions, I recommend you join The American Thompson Association and attend the upcoming All Thompson Show & Shoot in Ohio early August of this year. There is plenty of time to join and sign up for the Show.

Adg105200,

You too need The Ultimate Thompson Book!

All good stuff!!!

Thank you very much for the information and invitation. I have long thought about buying a book by T. Hill. the only thing that stopped me was the fact that the book was published 10 years ago. it seemed to me that the second edition of this book should be published. As for the exhibition, thanks for the invitation, but for now I can not afford it. I live in Ukraine.

swat12,

What you are reading about is The American Thompson Association (TATA) display at the Michigan Antique Arms Show in Novi, MI earlier this year. Many, but not all, of the items featured in this story are part of the American Thompson Reference Collection owned by noted author Tracie Hill. For more information about these and more unique Thompson items, I recommend The Ultimate Thompson Book by Tracie Hill. It is available at Amazon.com and many fine book stores.

If you would like to see these items in person and ask questions, I recommend you join The American Thompson Association and attend the upcoming All Thompson Show & Shoot in Ohio early August of this year. There is plenty of time to join and sign up for the Show.

Adg105200,

You too need The Ultimate Thompson Book!

All good stuff!!!

Yeah, sorry. I know I've been procrastinating haha. It's on my list of books to order. Next time I have the spare bit of cash I'll definitely order.

Andrew

Glad you all enjoyed the article on the Michigan Antique Arms Show displays. Didn't even know the article

existed.

One of the reasons most authors write books is to show people items and pass along information so that they

don't have to travel to far corners of the globe to see an item. I think Ultimate has a lot going for it as a book,

even after ten years.

As far as 41 being half destroyed, there is some good news. It was (maybe the only one) that has a spare trigger

frame already made for it. You will have to read the book to understand.... ;)

Tracie Hill

• 1 month later...
Greetings, friends! This article and its publication and discussion here is a chain of events. I would like to share this with you here. I have long thought about acquiring the book of Tracy Hill, and thanks to your comments, I finally decided. special thanks to Tom Davis. Yesterday I finally received my copy of the book. Next comes thanks to Tracie Hill. I am grateful to this man for TATA whiteness, who aroused my interest in Thompson many years ago. I am grateful to him as the author of an incomparable book. I am grateful to him for his autograph on my copy. I believe that this book will be reprinted with additions. maybe in several volumes. I know that Tracie Hill has more to share with a grateful reader. I wish you further creative success! and there is another person to whom I am very grateful. this is jim kindred. I once met him in this forum. we communicate with him for many years. I never saw Jim, but we became real friends. he always helped me, advised. it's just nice to talk with him. without it, I would not have many books and information. Thank you Jim for having met on my life path.
  • Upvote 1