US Lewis Bipod and Carrying Handle

I know that a complete, separate US Lewis bipod is about as rare as hens' teeth but I wanted to inquire as to whether a complete one or parts might be available. Also, I saw what looked like a non-Brit Lewis carrying handle in an old picture which appeared to be from the Border Punitive Expedition. Is there really such an animal as a US carrying handle for a Lewis? If so, where would be a good place to look? Thanks!

A while back there was a U.S. bipod offered on myGUNmademeBROKER, I don't remember what it went for but it was a lot. It's going to be hard to find one, after all there were a lot fewer Savage made guns then BSA.

I've not seen any reference to a carry handle for the U.S. guns, the Britt handle came out late in the war long after the U.S. had turned their nose up at the Lewis. Not saying there never was one, we all know how creative GI's can get, but I ain't seen it. The handle I found wasn't cheap, but I'll never regret getting it,

Eye candy time!

post-206-0-60606300-1522252191_thumb.jpg

Doug,

Thanks so much for the helpful reply. Great eye candy indeed, congratulations!

I just got my Lewis gun so I am really just starting to climb the learning curve.

Is the bipod shown on your Lewis US or GB?

Thanks again and enjoy that beautiful example of history!

Best Regards,

Max