FBI Machine Gun Course

When I was working in Algiers, often with high level executives, (even Dick Cheney visited Algiers once, when he was with Halliburton, my employer at the time), I wore a tie on a daily basis for about nine years, when on duty. Now I am based in the Sahara, it is back practical hard wearing 5.11 tactical kit. :wacko:

Life is simple here!

Richard

When we were required to wear ties for Diplomatic security, we used a little "trick". We did wear "real" ties, not "clip-ons". We tied our time in the normal fashion, then (helping each other) we loosened the tie a tad, and then cut it in the back center. We then stitched the cut ends and had velcro put on the the loose ends. That way we could wear a nicer tie in a formal setting, but had the advantage that it would "break-away" if someone grabbed it. We all had ties done like this and it was part of our SOPs.

• Upvote 1

When we were required to wear ties for Diplomatic security, we used a little "trick". We did wear "real" ties, not "clip-ons". We tied our time in the normal fashion, then (helping each other) we loosened the tie a tad, and then cut it in the back center. We then stitched the cut ends and had velcro put on the the loose ends. That way we could wear a nicer tie in a formal setting, but had the advantage that it would "break-away" if someone grabbed it. We all had ties done like this and it was part of our SOPs.

Genius