Worcester Address 1927-a1

All Kahrs are from Worcester Massachusettes, and they are all domestically semi-automatic 1927 or semi automatic M1's.

To my knowledge, there are no "special editions" or anything really collectable about this generation of Thompsons, so something like this should go for about $1100 - $1200 with a 10 round drum. Kahr just hiked the prices, however.

Figure a new X drum is approximately $140 and the gun is around $1000 (cheaper online, of course).

Given it was an "L" drum, maybe someone matched up a WH drum with a Kahr rifle (I am assuming it had a 16.5" barrel). A "L" drum, since they are collectable and no longer produced for the general public, probably was worth more than the semi!

I have seen "L" drums anywhere from $800 to $2000, depending on condition and maker. So, if you figure $1000 for the gun and (on the VERY high side) $2000 for the drum, $3000 is in the ball park.

Would I have paid that? NO WAY!!!! I think even with a NIB drum (pretty rare), thats just too much. Looks like someone got his fish for the day.

Chris.

Edited by DC Chris